Halal meat - ignore it, or eat it?

Seems the BBC are talking about this again.

Marianne Thieme's from the Party for Animals comments hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) 'If you have humane techniques you should use them'. I couldn't agree more. Vitelco abattoir should be commended for abandoning Halal and Kosher slaughter and following their conscience and stopping slaughtering animals in this method.

Lets hope that the present government has the balls to outlaw these kinds of slaughter unlike the previous one who ignored their own advice.

BBC's latest report is found here

This part gives me reason to be hopeful that the UK may be realising what is happening with our food and demanding better for animals: "We decided to stop 'ritual' killing because the idea didn't fit us," says Mr Meeuwissen. "My customers are very critical on how we produce our meat, and the large supermarket chains no longer want any meat which is produced ritually."

So basically that says he's not doing it any more because the supermarkets don't want it. Conclusion, he's stopped doing it for money...I'm glad though...

If its the case that Halal is to be the food that is served up as a matter of course in places such as Wembley stadium, what does this mean for Jews Sikh's and Hindu's?

Can Sikh's and Hindu's eat Halal?? I know that Jews can only eat Kosher but I'm not sure about Sikh's and Hindu's - or other religeous groups for that matter.

If its the case that Halal is to be the food that is served up as a matter of course in places such as Wembley stadium, what does this mean for Jews Sikh's and Hindu's?

Can Sikh's and Hindu's eat Halal?? I know that Jews can only eat Kosher but I'm not sure about Sikh's and Hindu's - or other religeous groups for that matter.

Many Hindus are vegetarians, and I believe it's forbidden under Hinduism to eat meat from a cow...

Many Hindus are vegetarians, and I believe it's forbidden under Hinduism to eat meat from a cow...

Honestly PT, why should everyone have to give in to a few loud mouthed religious maniacs?

If they want to eat to eat a certain diet, bring it themselves.

Why should we all kowtow to them, because they give veiled threats all the time?

And as we know these threats turn in to murderous action at times, when they are not given their own way.

Before you worry about the prayer that is said over the meat, you should possibly consider the conditions that the animal was reared in.

I'd eat a free range halal chicken, but I wouldn't touch a a battery farmed non-halal one.

How about you? Where do your morals lie?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Before you worry about the prayer that is said over the meat, you should possibly consider the conditions that the animal was reared in.

I'd eat a free range halal chicken, but I wouldn't touch a a battery farmed non-halal one.

How about you? Where do your morals lie?

Dealing with one thing at a time doesn't make it wrong, neither does it mean you support other 'wrongs' too. There is not one solution to everything in the world that is considered wrong or unjust, so dealing with this small aspect is not something to be sniffed at because there are other problems also. Your attitude is defeatist.

We find something that is wrong, we deal with it, then move onto others that also need our attention.

Dealing with one thing at a time doesn't make it wrong, neither does it mean you support other 'wrongs' too. There is not one solution to everything in the world that is considered wrong or unjust, so dealing with this small aspect is not something to be sniffed at because there are other problems also. Your attitude is defeatist.

We find something that is wrong, we deal with it, then move onto others that also need our attention.

Well said too many topics get hijacked with people with an agenda steering them away for ulterior motives, most often the race card is played or you're an Islamaphobe.

Archived