Accident claims door to door now

just had a lad come to the door from a accident claims company

despite me saying no he kept asking if me, a family member or anyone i know has had an accident, running through a variety of different types of accident each time me saying no

the man had even gone and had a look at my car an asked about a slight scape to the bumper!

what is it with these people? its bad enough being accosted while trying to shop but now they phone you and go door to door?

isnt this a step too far in the where theres blame thiers a claim culture?

Say no thank you and close the door

see i would love to but everything my mother taught me prevents me from doing so as that would be rude

i already feel bad for only opening the door part way and keeping my foot firmly behind it

Think I may have to make a compensation claim, in order to meet the rising costs of my insurance premiums.

How much would I get for walking into a lampost?

2 giggles, a belly laugh and one "look where your going you dozy sod"?

see i would love to but everything my mother taught me prevents me from doing so as that would be rude

i already feel bad for only opening the door part way and keeping my foot firmly behind it

Mum's eh! got a lot to answer for..

Saying no thank you is polite

How 'bout this then.

Before they start jabbering, inform them that at the end of the sales patter you will be saying NO! and ask them to decide if it's worth their while continuing or not.

Tell him you think you've stubbed your toe and broke it on the way to answering the door, and ask him if you can make a claim against him.

just made my day,:hihi:

i remember years ago i had a door to door salesman for an electric company come knocking, i said you are wasting your time and he said no he wasnt, so i said well your wasting mine and shut the door in his face, :rant:

How 'bout this then.

Before they start jabbering, inform them that at the end of the sales patter you will be saying NO! and ask them to decide if it's worth their while continuing or not.

Tell him you'll think about it, get a business card, find out the name of the company he works for, tell him you're reporting him and his company to the Ministry of Justice for breaking the cold calling regulations and that he's just lost his job.

Or, in about 2 months, call the police as it'll be illegal.

Archived