Accident claims door to door now

Tell him you'll think about it, get a business card, find out the name of the company he works for, tell him you're reporting him and his company to the Ministry of Justice for breaking the cold calling regulations and that he's just lost his job.

Or, in about 2 months, call the police as it'll be illegal.

What are the regulations?

just had a lad come to the door from a accident claims company

despite me saying no he kept asking if me, a family member or anyone i know has had an accident, running through a variety of different types of accident each time me saying no

the man had even gone and had a look at my car an asked about a slight scape to the bumper!

what is it with these people? its bad enough being accosted while trying to shop but now they phone you and go door to door?

isnt this a step too far in the where theres blame thiers a claim culture?

Simply tell him that you have not had an accident, but his parents obviously did.:hihi:

What are the regulations?

The Claims Management Regulations that all Claims Companies agree to abide by.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/guidance/inspection-monitoring/claims-management-regulation/conduct-of-authorised-persons-rules2007.pdf

Check out number 6 in the client regs. Cold calling is prohibited, and any company found doing it will likely, in my experience risk losing their authorisation. Carrying out a business without authorisation is a criminal act.

The Claims Management Regulations that all Claims Companies agree to abide by.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/guidance/inspection-monitoring/claims-management-regulation/conduct-of-authorised-persons-rules2007.pdf

Check out number 6 in the client regs. Cold calling is prohibited, and any company found doing it will likely, in my experience risk losing their authorisation. Carrying out a business without authorisation is a criminal act.

Interesting, never had one call mind but you never know...

Interesting, never had one call mind but you never know...

You can do the same thing in town when they hassle you. Tell them you'll think about it, get a card, quote the regulations and direct them to the JobCentre. It's a fun game!

There is no consumer protection in this country, it should be illegal toknock on someones door and try to sellem summat or lend em money.

It will be - that's what I explained a few posts ago. Within a couple of months.

I had one ring me up the other day so I did a Sean Lock on him. I said "Oh yeah, me Dad had an accident, let me go and get him". I left the phone off the hook and went to make a cup of tea, after 5 minutes I picked it up again and said "He's just coming, he can't walk very well after the accident" and left it for another 5 minutes. I did it a few more times until I'd wasted about 20 minutes of his time then hung up.

Archived