Phone call from "Sky"

Just to warn people, I had a call from a "Chinese" sounding person from an unavailable number asking about my Sky tv. I asked who she wanted and she gave the right surname but the wrong first name, she then said she must have got the wrong number and hung up. I went on the Sky website and chatted wth an advisor and she said: "Sky will not call a customer until and unless the customer requests for a call back." So if you get a call saying they are from Sky be very wary, unless you have asked them to call you.

I have had 'cold' calls from Sky checking whether I was 'happy with the service'; these were definitely Sky as they were able to help me out with some issues I was having which I was going to call them about the following day.

I had this last week too and it was definetly sky!

I used to get cold calls from HSBC, in order to speak to me they asked for some of my phone banking details. I refused, I had no issue so they were just trying to sell me something. I was a bit horrified when I found out the number was legitimate and it was indeed HSBC calling my and requesting my details. How is that a good example to their customers:loopy:

Archived