The new Kindle?

Ive just bought this as a Christmas present, i wanted to make sure it was working ok, now im not technically minded at all..:( but it looks a bit complicated.

So far ive plugged the charger in, connected it to the laptop via a usb port, then something came up and asked me to choose which language i wanted.

So far so good, then i thought well its working ok so i'll turn it off and put it ready for wrapping up.

Now theres still some writing on the screen, first of all i dont know how to get rid of it, and i dont know how to turn the bl..dy thing off.

Should i wrap it up as it is and hope it goes away..:hihi: or do i have to turn it off, wherever off is...:huh::huh:

Thanks!

There's a link to the Kindle user guide on this page.

The power switch is on the bottom edge of the Kindle. If the new version is like my Keyboard Kindle, it's a slider that you push to the right to put the Kindle into a screensaver mode; it doesn't actually go to a blank screen. The Kindle will also power down automatically to the screensaver if you leave it alone for five or ten minutes.

Unplug it and wrap it up. Don't try to register the Kindle using your Amazon account; it needs to be registered to the account of the person who's going to own it.

The screen isn't actually using any power whilst there is a picture on it, apparently it only uses power when it changes the screen.

If you want to get rid of the picture slide the spring loaded power switch to the on position for 7 seconds then release it and the screen should go blank.

There's a link to the Kindle user guide on this page.

The power switch is on the bottom edge of the Kindle. If the new version is like my Keyboard Kindle, it's a slider that you push to the right to put the Kindle into a screensaver mode; it doesn't actually go to a blank screen. The Kindle will also power down automatically to the screensaver if you leave it alone for five or ten minutes.

Unplug it and wrap it up. Don't try to register the Kindle using your Amazon account; it needs to be registered to the account of the person who's going to own it.

Thats great Hecate, thanks for that....:)...(i dont know why i bother with this technology, ive got a headache now :hihi:)

The screen isn't actually using any power whilst there is a picture on it, apparently it only uses power when it changes the screen.

If you want to get rid of the picture slide the spring loaded power switch to the on position for 7 seconds then release it and the screen should go blank.

Thanks JayneRay, its easy when you know how isnt it..:wink::thumbsup:

My excuse is im a 64 yr old nan...:hihi:

...If you want to get rid of the picture slide the spring loaded power switch to the on position for 7 seconds then release it and the screen should go blank.

Thanks for that. I didn't know you could switch it off completely. I really should read that manual :hihi: .

Archived