Ivory - New lounge bar / restaurant, Regents Terrace, off West Street

mebs

Originally posted by Lea1979

Please excuse my ignorance - which is regents terrace ? Can you tell me what the bar is near ??

It looks as though it is where Casablanca's relocated to when they moved from Division Street.

Originally posted by CherylB

Regents Terrace is just past the Post Office. It's the small lane between the Lounge and the old Sinclairs building, which is currently being rebuilt.

This reminds me - nice website....shame there's no map....

I've been in the Ivory and was very impressed. Sheffield needs more places like this, which are a little more sophisticated and cater for the mid 20's mid 30's crowd.

I like the fact that it is just off the beaten track and not really part of the 'West Street' drag.

With the likes of The Ivory, Boho, Menzels and The Wig & Pen, we have some quality bars that Sheffield can be proud of.

Slinky

The Ivory is just off west street at side of the lounge bar, I`ve been a couple of times and the food and drink were spot on, have a look on line before you go so your not dissapointed, I don`t want you blaming me, but I`m sure you wont.

• 3 weeks later...

Always keen to try new bars in Sheffield, my boyfriend, who is in his 30's, a smart lad, went to the Ivory Bar with his mate for a drink on Saturday, only to be turned away by the bouncers, for being male??? Firstly said they were too busy, then admitted that they only wanted ladies in. I can understand them wanting to avoid big gangs of lads, but 2 blokes out for a few quiet drinks? They should be encouraging new clientele, not turning them away, he's no chav!! Although, being female would probably be fine to check it out, don't think I'll bother now, they sound a little too pretentious for me! Just a few words of warning!!

Archived