Cognitive enhancement drugs

The BBC is upsetting me today.

Pills that make you smarter? They interviewed a posh idiot at oxford university that is taking them so that he could work all night on essays. If he was in fact clever he would use time management so that he didn't have to stay awake all night and would be able to complete it in a reasonable amount of time. If he was in fact intelligent he would not be buying drugs over the internet what a complete idiot!

they also mentioned scientists are looking to moral enhancing drugs? Is it me or is that really scary? The most important thing in science is ethics and we don't take enough notice of that aspect!

grrrr

They're probably just caffeine pills. They will give a user the ability to work for longer and with heightened (certainly in the short term) senses.

If they do make you smarter then surely he would be stupid if he DIDN'T use them?

even though he is buying pills off the internet-it could be anything!

Aricept could be what you are talking about. Alzheimer's sufferers take it, but I've heard American students hopping over to Mexico to get some for the purposes you are talking about. Don't know if it works fir that.

It won't work for that, but it wouldn't surprise me if disreputable pharmacies are claiming that it could. Indeed, they're probably being advertised as "make-yourself-smart pills! Take one and write the best essay you ever could!" which is ... best described by words I can't use on this forum.

Restoring lost cognitive function is one thing - improving on what you had to begin with, quite another.

Archived