Juvenile Depravity - children are better behaved nowadays?

I quote a short article from the book, YORKSHIRE the Sinister Side Book 1, 1850-80;

In Sheffield, (1850) a report about A Young Incorrigible appeared in the local press.

'John Middleton, a little boy of about ten years of age, and whose head only just appeared above the front of the dock, was charged with stealing six bones which he had subsequently sold to a man called Wooler for 2d. For the prosecution Mr Raynor said that it was the tenth time the unfortunate child had been brought up for petty thefts.

His parents whom keep a small shop, had told him that the boy had almost ruined them for he was continually robbing them; and they hoped that the bench would commit him for as long a term as the law would allow. The bench agreed to commit the boy to Wakefield, under the juvenile offenders act, for three months.'

Perhaps children are better behaved today...

I quote a short article from the book, YORKSHIRE the Sinister Side Book 1, 1850-80;

Perhaps children are better behaved today...

You've got to be joking mate !!!!!!!

Have you shut yourself off from the real world, don't you watch the TV or read the newspapers ?

' Better Behaved ' what about the bullying they do, willful damage to cars and people's property, stealing, mouthing off at people etc.

You've got to be joking mate !!!!!!!

Have you shut yourself off from the real world, don't you watch the TV or read the newspapers ?

' Better Behaved ' what about the bullying they do, willful damage to cars and people's property, stealing, mouthing off at people etc.

Yes, I also read this forum and it keeps telling me not to believe the media so I don't know what to think anymore..........

Archived