A helping hand for those in need

Mecky

We had a discussion at work today. If someone was down on their luck (Not your local smackhead - You should be able to tell who is genuine) and they knocked on your door in desperate need of food and a hot bath would you invite them in and run them a bath and cook them a meal?

I've dragged a complete stranger in from a bus stop at midnight when I heard her baby crying in the freezing cold and knew there were no buses at that time. She had had a family fall out and was waiting for a friend to come and pick her up from the other side of town

I once came across a guy who was from Scunthorpe and in Sheffield for work in his works van and had the van nicked. I fed him, gave him beer and let him sleep on the settee.

You would have been on that Heart Of Gold programme that Esther Rantzen you'sed to do.

We had a discussion at work today. If someone was down on their luck (Not your local smackhead - You should be able to tell who is genuine) and they knocked on your door in desperate need of food and a hot bath would you invite them in and run them a bath and cook them a meal?

ive had a homeless welsh couple stay at my flat for a couple of months

25 years ago when i was 18 i played the good samaritan(and it back-fired) I was drunk in the Queens Head by the bus station.A bloke who i would guess may have been about 60 years old told me he had missed his train to Liverpool,(he was very drunk too)He looked smartly dressed,and showed me he had money(a big wad)and train ticket.

Me being a soft touch decided he could come back with me and doss on my parents sofa.

So, i goes to bed and my new buddy is downstairs on the sofa.At some point in the night i was being shaken by my dad who was panickly,and said,"who the **** is that downstairs?" I sat up and all i could hear was this old fart downstairs singing at the top of his voice Liverpool FC football songs!! I ran downstairs and finished up nearly strangling him.The cops came,the old man accused me of trying to kill him.And i finished up in the cells for the night.

The next day everything was explained and the matter was dropped.

I sometimes wonder if he got back ok to Liverpool????

25 years ago when i was 18 i played the good samaritan(and it back-fired) I was drunk in the Queens Head by the bus station.A bloke who i would guess may have been about 60 years old told me he had missed his train to Liverpool,(he was very drunk too)He looked smartly dressed,and showed me he had money(a big wad)and train ticket.

Me being a soft touch decided he could come back with me and doss on my parents sofa.

So, i goes to bed and my new buddy is downstairs on the sofa.At some point in the night i was being shaken by my dad who was panickly,and said,"who the **** is that downstairs?" I sat up and all i could hear was this old fart downstairs singing at the top of his voice Liverpool FC football songs!! I ran downstairs and finished up nearly strangling him.The cops came,the old man accused me of trying to kill him.And i finished up in the cells for the night.

The next day everything was explained and the matter was dropped.

I sometimes wonder if he got back ok to Liverpool????

"A helping hand for those in need"?

Not now I wouldn't. :shakes:

Archived