So the world wide web goes down for good..

I wouldn't know stuff like your poppy in your avatar isn't a Royal British Legion remembrance day poppy, as they have got 2 leaves. The Poppy Scotland appeal use four leaf poppies.

Completely useless I Know.

thats odd, all the poppys ive ever bought from the british legion and thier representatives have always had just the one leaf

It would be a disaster! People would actually have to go out into the real world, actually communicate with other people in their community and get their shopping from local businesses rather than have it sent halfway around the planet. They would also have to learn social skills and work out how to make "real" friends, as opposed to those 500 friends you have on Facebook who you've never met in real life.

Worst of all, many of the posters on here would actually have to get a life!

I reckon it must be doable, but would require more than a bit of cooperation to get it going and everyone could have free internet and never have to bother with having to wait for a land-line to be installed or be left to the mercy of suppliers and the will of governments etc. I guess we just have to wait for someone to manufacture a Tran-ceiver/node server/handler type thing in a box.

Most people have the technology to required to do this already. It would be perfectly possible to set up an alternative internet, either by implementing an alternative routing infrastructure or, more likely, using an wireless ad-hoc network.

The problems are that it would be slow and, initially at least, there would be no content - so people wouldn't want to use it. Though if some kind soul, with lots of money, would pay to connect the ad-hoc network to the existing internet, that could be solved.

thats odd, all the poppys ive ever bought from the british legion and thier representatives have always had just the one leaf

presumably it was a reference to the number of petals rather than the leaves - the Scottish poppy doesn't have any leaves

in answer to the OP I'd have one fewer reason not to do any work

Archived