1960's Film : The Family Way

Apologies to anyone who has responded to my thread and said that I'm confusing the film

' The Family Way ' with some other film..............you are right but I don't know which film ?

Harleyman said I was wrong and I said I wasn't .......sorry guy.

Joto posted that she had the DVD of ' The Family Way ' and at no time did Hailey Mills get pregnant......so that sorts me out !

Apart from that, my sentiments re: todays teengirls / pregnancies remain the same.

As I mentioned earlier there was a fim in the 1960s called "A taste of honey" about a single girl who got pregnant by a sailor

In my grandmother's day, young working class people couldn't afford to get married and so long engagements were the norm with the obvious consequences. Once family knew that a baby was on the way, they would pool together to fund a quick wedding and someone would offer the couple their spare room until they could find a place to rent. There were quire a lot of 'premature' babies in those days.

I'm glad JOHN HABS started this thread, you know how I said we had the DVD well I looked for it to see who played Hayley Mills husband. I couldn't find it, then hubby remembered he'd loaned it to a neighbour. :roll: Anyway it's safely back now, and it was Hywel Bennett who played Hayley's husband. Can anyone remember him starring in any other movies? he was gorgeous looking and did a good job acting the part.

Hywell Bennett also starred in Endless Night, with, I think, Hayley Mills again.

That too was a very good film, I would like to see them both again.

I've not seen that film Minimo, I'll make a point of looking for it now. They never show The Family Way on TV, do they? we had a hard time online buying it too, and it wasn't cheap! Hadn't Hywel Bennett got gorgeous eyes, those eyelashes :love:

These are the actors in Family Way

I wonder if John Mills knew all along that his son's real father was his best friend who suddenly disappeared and was never heard from again.

Mills remarked once or twice about the son's likeness to his old friend and wondered why the friend had just left without a word. Maybe he wasnt as naive as he was portrayed and suspected all along. He certainly knew at the end of the film but not from his wife.

The arm wrestling contest was a good scene. The son seeing the desperation on his father's face took pity and gave way to the old man

I've not seen that film Minimo, I'll make a point of looking for it now. They never show The Family Way on TV, do they? we had a hard time online buying it too, and it wasn't cheap! Hadn't Hywel Bennett got gorgeous eyes, those eyelashes :love:

the film "the family way" also introduced the recognition of paul macartney's further talents ---as he was the composer of the lovely theme music.

Archived