Sheffield Half Marathon 2012 - 27 May 2012

gr8_bhu

You won't be the only one like that! Aim a. to start, b. to finish, c. for under 3 hours and you might get nearer 2:30. Get near 2 hours and there'll be no stopping you :)

Good luck. The slower you are in 2012 the easier it will be to get a better time in 2013!

Thanks, my plan is pretty much as you mention.

Not sure there'll be a 2013, but ta for the encouragement.:)

Good luck everyone, with your training. I've decided to give it a miss this year. Have done it twice now, it's a horrible route, all road surface and the training is just too much: 2 shortish runs during the week and one long one at the weekend. I'm also put off with it being so late this year, it could be really hot. I'll cheer you all on from Ecclesall Road.

Good luck everyone, with your training. I've decided to give it a miss this year. Have done it twice now, it's a horrible route, all road surface and the training is just too much: 2 shortish runs during the week and one long one at the weekend. I'm also put off with it being so late this year, it could be really hot. I'll cheer you all on from Ecclesall Road.

With a nice cold glass of something?! :)

Ive entered its the first race Ive ever done, I took up running with the sweatshop, now I run with them on monday, run with active sheffield on tuesday/thursday and find routes on a saturday. Also pound the gym for my upper strength, cant keep me away from there, but last week I shouldnt have run on tues after running on monday, my bad! chesterfield road was a killer! think it was karma telling me to listen to my legs, or maybe heed Paula Radcliffe advice?

Ive entered its the first race Ive ever done, I took up running with the sweatshop, now I run with them on monday, run with active sheffield on tuesday/thursday and find routes on a saturday. Also pound the gym for my upper strength, cant keep me away from there, but last week I shouldnt have run on tues after running on monday, my bad! chesterfield road was a killer! think it was karma telling me to listen to my legs, or maybe heed Paula Radcliffe advice?

Carefull not to over do it thats when injurys srike,slow buid up is the way :)

I have signed up for my first half marathon, and training is well under way. I do play alot of footy atm, so my fitness is pretty good.

I am doing 10k training runs in around 45 mins atm, and running in my first 10k race at end of March.

I am looking at doing half marathon in sub 1hr 50m.

Atm I am doing 10k on Mondays, sprints on Tuesday, and then another 10k Thurs with footy match on Sat.

Cant wait for the race,

With a nice cold glass of something?! :)

G&T? Pinot? Sounds good to me. I know how it feels, I've been there - twice. The support along Eccy Road as you reach the halfway mark is crucial to keep you going. Once you turn back round at the roundabout, you know that you're on the home stretch. For me, the worst part is the last 3 mile stretch back to the stadium, most of which is along Brightside. There's also not much support along that bit and it's where you see a lot of people (mostly young uns), giving up, collapsing and receiving medical attention!

Archived