Sheffield Half Marathon 2012 - 27 May 2012

gr8_bhu

The route is virtually unchanged but the restrictions caused by the underpasses have been removed by staying at road level. There is no limit at all now, and 7000 is just an estimate of the numbers for 2012. Entry closing date is May 15th, but late entries will be accepted with a £3 surcharge up to May 24th, and race packs for late entries must be collected from Don Valley Stadium 26th May (3pm-5pm) or 27th May from 7am.

The route is virtually unchanged but the restrictions caused by the underpasses have been removed by staying at road level. There is no limit at all now, and 7000 is just an estimate of the numbers for 2012. Entry closing date is May 15th, but late entries will be accepted with a £3 surcharge up to May 24th, and race packs for late entries must be collected from Don Valley Stadium 26th May (3pm-5pm) or 27th May from 7am.

Sounds like the event has had a major revamp this year. Having to dive through those underpasses didn't give a good impression. All credit to the organisers.

And today the race pack's arrived, in very good time! Better get a few more miles in - it's not long now.

Hi, I'm running this year (coming up from London for it even) but my partner who was running has recently gone over on her ankle so we are looking to sell this place.

I know there are still places left but it would be very helpful if anyone who is buying to buy a transfer instead so we don't lose money. PM me or email hello@adamgarretty.com to sort out.

Thanks!

If anyone fancies running for a charity and is looking for a new cause to raise funds for, then please consider Sophie's Wish.

We are a relatively new charity umbrella group in Sheffield raising vital funds for research into brain tumours.

It's a fact that more children and people under 40 die from brain tumours than any other cancer in this country, yet brain tumour research receives less than 1% of all UK cancer research spend.

For more information, or to join the growing number of people running for us on 27 May please call 0114 213 8391 or email mail@sophieswish.org.uk

http://www.sophieswish.org.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sophieswish

http://www.twitter.com/sophieswish

Carefull not to over do it thats when injurys srike,slow buid up is the way :)

Yes and making mysef into a wreck! went to the gym the other week was told I looked ill (did feel it actually), even the pt agreed don't think I would have been allowed past the coffee lounge, next day had my neighbours and family and friends jumping, working too, much running, too much, going to the gym too much :roll: I was ordered pratically to give up for a week and was dragged to my friends for a couple of days and had nothing to do but watch Dvds while she was at work-some holiday I thought:roll:

But the following week I had to admit it made me feel a whole lot beter :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're all different. Some will be aiming to beat 90 minutes, others will be happy to beat 3 hours! I'm in the latter category and trying to run up to Owler Bar and back yesterday included a 3 mile walked section!

Whatever your aim, don't try and do too much. There's always next year. Walk or run, only you will know you could have done better - we all could have done better! We always can.

Fauja Singh completed the London Marathon yesterday in 9 hours 45 minutes, slow and steady. He is 101, so if he can do it, we all can.

Claire Squires was fit, and couldn't quite make it - remember her at; http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Squires2

I am also planning to take part SHM for the first time and running for BHF(Heart UK) team. What sort of track is it? Is it fully flat or hilly as well? I have checked the route but can't make out of it....any ideas? I have taken part few 10Ks last year but never a SHM. So bit nervous and at the same time looking forward for it....I am down at the moment with some stomach bug and feeling guilty of not doing any training for last few days...

cheers

Larry

Archived