Cheap beer killing pub trade

20 cans of carling for only a tenner at asda,and people wonder why the good old fashioned pub is on its last legs,if the brewery's were as generous with publicans then maybe we wouldnt see so many decent pubs in sheffield closed down

But 95% of the pubs aren't owned by breweries anyhow and as drinking habits change people are drinking more in cafebars which are springing up all over town.

If I was drinking Carling I probably would be sitting on a park bench supping it from a can. Asda can't supply a decent pint on hand pulled ale. My local serves very good beer from a dozen hand pumps. They don't sell Carling either. Do we care?

the pubs are too expensive. I've just been for a few pints and they were charging £3.25 for a pint of stella. I've come back home now and picked myself up 4 pints of stella for a fiver from the shop.

I don't normally do this sort of thing but it is the last day of my holiday so i thought, what the hell!!

20 cans of carling for only a tenner at asda,and people wonder why the good old fashioned pub is on its last legs,if the brewery's were as generous with publicans then maybe we wouldnt see so many decent pubs in sheffield closed down

At last someone not blaming the cig ban.

the pubs are too expensive. I've just been for a few pints and they were charging £3.25 for a pint of stella

Thank yourself lucky you don’t live in London, I bought my first £4 pint when I went to the Orient game.

Archived