Cheap beer killing pub trade

Someone else that can see the light ………………. So why do we get so many threads about the smoking ban. :confused:

Dunno,am new to this site but as a smoker myself i dont mind nipping outside for a drag,it gets me away from the wifey's nagging

The smoking ban is a good thing in my opinion,if i was a non smoker i would object to coming out of a pub/resteraunt ect smelling of cigarette smoke

Dunno,am new to this site but as a smoker myself i dont mind nipping outside for a drag,it gets me away from the wifey's nagging

The smoking ban is a good thing in my opinion,if i was a non smoker i would object to coming out of a pub/resteraunt ect smelling of cigarette smoke

Sorry I didn’t notice that you had only just joined …………. There have been some heated threats on here about how the smoking ban was supposedly responsible for pub closures.

Try going into the Sheaf View, Sheffield Tap, Kelham Island Tavern, The Fat Cat & The Greystones. Cheap beer & lager doesn't seem to be killing their trade!!

Blake Hotel celebrated its first anniversary since reopening last night, it was packed out.

Called into the Walkley cottage last Sunday afternoon, place was rammed.

Anyone old enough to remember the 60s advert for Castella cigars - " The mild cigar for the price of a Pint"

Now the cigar is around £1.50 and a pint £2.50 Yet we all know that tobacco is not tax free, far from it - It's the tax that's killing the pub, Beer can never be too cheep, The yobs that abuse it should be punnished not the majority of the country that drink responsably.

Brewers prefer to sell it direct to the supermarkets it cuts the middle man out' brewers don't give a dam about pubs,things have changes a lot in the industry in the last few years,the days of the jolly old land lord have gone,its so easier for the brewers to brew it and can it they don't have to worry about pubs and managers and dray men and all that extra expense that goes with pubs.its a shame really when you see all the pubs closing down,

Archived