Which is the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield and why?

confused

i can not lie i love dim sum on london road,

every time i go i enjoy tasty food and a huge pot of jasmine tea,

i leave with strange pastry's and fully satisfied,

i was there recently and i glanced over to see a huge pile of whole crabs in a ginger and spring onion sauce it looked and smelled amazing i think i need to try that on my next visit which should be soon.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana:

I used to live up in Ranmoor and I have to say that the Canton Orchard on Fullwood road is a great Chinese. The resturant is in an old house set back from the road and its very atmospheric. The service is excellent and there is no MSG taste to anything. Its not cheap (but only bad Chinese resturants and those lousy buffets are ever called that).

For those few lucky enough to live in West Sheffield a GREAT chinese takeaway is just a hop and a skip away on Fullwood road, called 'Wok This Way' (surely prizes just for the name!) which sells delicious chinese takeway for very reasonable prices.

I'm moving back to Sheffiled in January and I'll be up there before the boxes are unpacked, can't wait!

Enjoy!

-Flo

Originally posted by tslogf74

I really recommend you do not go to Candytown.

Ummm, seems I'm a little behind the times with really good chinese places. What's wrong with Candytown?

I noticed there are loads of new noodle/chinese/viatnamese etc etc places opened up recently but have not yet tried any of them. Wasi Sabi is damn good though.

Hi there

I haven't used this site before - what a great idea.

I had to write after having the BEST night out on Saturday night. We went to Marble Court (Rockingham st just off The Moor) a chinese restaurant which also does Karaoke. It was brilliant!! We had a set menu for a tenner each, we sang until 1am and the staff were so friendly they now feel like old friends.

We have been a couple of times before and it just gets better and better - on Saturday night there were 7 of us, the time before there were 20. I honestly haven't been to a better place for a party night out.

Go and try it!:clap:

Archived