Which is the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield and why?

confused

Originally posted by Vicster

Hi there

I haven't used this site before - what a great idea.

I had to write after having the BEST night out on Saturday night. We went to Marble Court (Rockingham st just off The Moor) a chinese restaurant which also does Karaoke. It was brilliant!! We had a set menu for a tenner each, we sang until 1am and the staff were so friendly they now feel like old friends.

We have been a couple of times before and it just gets better and better - on Saturday night there were 7 of us, the time before there were 20. I honestly haven't been to a better place for a party night out.

Go and try it!:clap:

haha... blatent plug of own venue. :hihi:

Originally posted by redhotjo

hiya

someone has asked me out to a chinese restaurant at Wales (sheffield) - anyone know where exactly this is, name and what its like?

It used to be the Wales pub on the corner but has been a Chinese for some time now. I can't remember what its called but lots of people have recommended it.

Hello

Marble Court Chinese restaurant and karaoke - a weird combination I know but lots and lots of fun.

If you walk up the moor turn left at the side street next to Debenhams - it is there. It has lights on the outside - it doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a treat when you get in.

Give it a go - it is good when you are in a group, especially when you don't know each other well - a real ice-breaker!

Ishmael and Vicster - damn right about marble court. Vicster, I don't care if you are advertising, you're spot on. It's the best night out in town. By a long way. God, I love that place. I can't recommend it enough. Give it a go. Can't fail.

Originally posted by gezz

Ishmael and Vicster - damn right about marble court. Vicster, I don't care if you are advertising, you're spot on. It's the best night out in town. By a long way. God, I love that place. I can't recommend it enough. Give it a go. Can't fail.

and all your posts are backing up vicster... ok..im suspicious...but people on here arent that daft as we get these 'oh you should go to' post all the time.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

We've been on London Road for a chinese, we went to the Dim Sum last week which was nice £28 for set meal for 2..

We've been in Mao's on London Road today, when driving past it looks extremely posh, 3 courses at lunch time £7.50 and 2 courses £4.99 its excellent value for money no MSG in sight, it was beautifully presented and extremely tasty, not at all like those all you can eat for a fiver... good if youve got a big appetite and no taste buds..

Had quite a lot of Chinese meals in my time but that takes some beating

Highly recommend it

Cheers Nicky

Archived