Hard times? What hard times?

A few years ago, whilst lots of you were out getting 100%+ mortgages, I decided I needed a career change.

I had some skills with computers but realised that to gain employment in this field I needed the paper to prove it. I took a course at college and gained that important piece of paper.

I quickly realised the next stumbling block was experience. I decided to offer my services for less than the advertised salary. This tactic worked.

After 3 years working my way up and several large pay rises later I'm happy to say this credit crunch and talk of hard times hasn't hit me one bit.

I'm more financially sound now than ever.

A few years ago, whilst lots of you were out getting 100%+ mortgages, I decided I needed a career change.

I had some skills with computers but realised that to gain employment in this field I needed the paper to prove it. I took a course at college and gained that important piece of paper.

I quickly realised the next stumbling block was experience. I decided to offer my services for less than the advertised salary. This tactic worked.

After 3 years working my way up and several large pay rises later I'm happy to say this credit crunch and talk of hard times hasn't hit me one bit.

Why dont you offer to tag along with Amelia Hempleman-Adams to keep her warm? ;)

Why dont you offer to tag along with Amelia Hempleman-Adams to keep her warm? ;)

I'm not a fan of the cold.

I sense bitterness. This is the problem. Rather than finding strength and motivation to get themselves out of hard times they either blame the rich' the hard working' or the government. No one ever admits, "Yes, i lived way beyond my means whilst the economy was booming but didn't think to prepare for that rainy day."

good on you :thumbsup: its a pity more of the wasters in this country, outside sheffield cathedral and on this forum dont get of their A***s and do something about their situation, pay attention"occupy"!! thats the way to get on not expect everything given on a plate!

good on you :thumbsup: its a pity more of the wasters in this country, outside sheffield cathedral and on this forum dont get of their A***s and do something about their situation, pay attention"occupy"!! thats the way to get on not expect everything given on a plate!

What a refreshingly nice response.

Thanks.

It was Friday night, and the self made men were just warming up to their favourite theme....how fantastic every thing they do is.

The funk of Smugness hung so thick in the air, you could have cut it with a knife.

These guys were so far gone, they had begun to imagine people were jealous of them.

If they could mistake disdain for jealousy, what would they imagine pity to be? Admiration? Probably!

It was Friday night, and the self made men were just warming up to their favourite theme....how fantastic every thing they do is.

The funk of Smugness hung so thick in the air, you could have cut it with a knife.

These guys were so far gone, they had begun to imagine people were jealous of them.

If they could mistake disdain for jealousy, what would they imagine pity to be? Admiration? Probably!

Nothing wrong with congratulating oneself on doing a grand job whilst times are said to be hard.

That's what's wrong with posters on here. Very bitter they are and hate to hear of a little success.

Even when they have nothing to add to a debate they feel they must have one more swipe by lowering themselves to name calling.

It's a great view from up here.

Nothing wrong with congratulating oneself on doing a grand job whilst times are said to be hard.

That's what's wrong with posters on here. Very bitter they are and hate to hear of a little success.

Even when they have nothing to add to a debate they feel they must have one more swipe by lowering themselves to name calling.

It's a great view from up here.

Yes, you declare how loaded and successful you are, but here you are on SF on a friday night, just like me. Only I haven't come on to announce how fantastic my life is. 'Oh what a fantastic time i'm having telling people on the internet how successful I am.' :hihi::hihi:

That's deep. You are an inspiration to us all. :hihi:

I have two bottles of french red, a huge bag of cheese and onion crisps, half a pack of Lucky Strike and Billie Holiday on iTunes. My Apple shares lost 60 cents today but they are up $35 compared to August. And I'm logged in here too.

I win.

Archived