Hard times? What hard times?

I have two bottles of french red, a huge bag of cheese and onion crisps, half a pack of Lucky Strike and Billie Holiday on iTunes. My Apple shares lost 60 cents today but they are up $35 compared to August. And I'm logged in here too.

I win.

I'm not so sure. Have you got rennies as well?

A few years ago, whilst lots of you were out getting 100%+ mortgages, I decided I needed a career change.

I had some skills with computers but realised that to gain employment in this field I needed the paper to prove it. I took a course at college and gained that important piece of paper.

I quickly realised the next stumbling block was experience. I decided to offer my services for less than the advertised salary. This tactic worked.

After 3 years working my way up and several large pay rises later I'm happy to say this credit crunch and talk of hard times hasn't hit me one bit.

I'm more financially sound now than ever.

<Looks up>

"I know my place".

A few years ago, whilst lots of you were out getting 100%+ mortgages, I decided I needed a career change.

I had some skills with computers but realised that to gain employment in this field I needed the paper to prove it. I took a course at college and gained that important piece of paper.

I quickly realised the next stumbling block was experience. I decided to offer my services for less than the advertised salary. This tactic worked.

After 3 years working my way up and several large pay rises later I'm happy to say this credit crunch and talk of hard times hasn't hit me one bit.

I'm more financially sound now than ever.

Good for you sweetie :)

Dont listen to the knockers (so to speak)

I wish i had your drive to change jobs.

they either blame the rich' the hard working' or the government.

Has anyone been blaming the hard working?

There's certainly a lot of blame to be shared around, but the reckless investment bank speculators and their political puppets must surely take a large share of it.

Those who overextended themselves by paying silly money for houses in the expectation of "free money" (prices only ever go up don'tcha know) I would certainly class as wannabee low-rent speculators.

Merely cut-rate parasites when compared to the big boys but there are an awful lot of 'em.

Archived