Hard times? What hard times?

So funny!! Anyhooooo,

As you are obviously trying to extend your privates with your ego sweetpea, I was just wondering if you were willing to disclose your income, and how you happened to make the money that you enjoy so much.

After all It may be helpful to us lesser mortals ..............:)

Hard work and common sense is the key.

I won't reveal my salary, that would likely be seen as me gloating.

Oh yes, don't take anything for granted and go for your dreams. You only have one chance at life. Don't rely on others to live it for you.

Don't want to bust your bubble but IT jobs are not good, in fact, the industry is overstaffed.

It's a good job I don't work in typical IT then isn't it?

Have you told the likes of GCHQ of your findings. The last I heard they were struggling to get qualified staff. Our place will be recruiting more soon too thanks to my recent developments.

Just looked and my bubble is intact.

A few years ago, whilst lots of you were out getting 100%+ mortgages, I decided I needed a career change.

I had some skills with computers but realised that to gain employment in this field I needed the paper to prove it. I took a course at college and gained that important piece of paper.

I quickly realised the next stumbling block was experience. I decided to offer my services for less than the advertised salary. This tactic worked.

After 3 years working my way up and several large pay rises later I'm happy to say this credit crunch and talk of hard times hasn't hit me one bit.

I'm more financially sound now than ever.

Well done that bloke.:thumbsup:

There are those on here that are bitter and twisted some with cause some without. It is so nice to hear some good news instead of doom and gloom. It's tough out there for a lot of people.

My partner and I are in a very nice position. Not through luck more by judgement. Our children are grown and out of the nest. We sold a larger house in Hampshire and moved up here. My partner was born on Parsons Cross estate and his folks now live in Ecclesfield. For him it was coming home for me something different but we were able to buy this property outright. We both have small incomes which means that we get by OK and we have a passion for getting all of our utility bills as low as possible by insulating saving water etc. We have been here for nearly a year now and during that time we have been able to think about what we want to do rather than what we have to do to bring in additional income for the luxuries like holidays.

It's a great position to be in and I don't mind shouting it from the rooftops.

There are those on here that are bitter and twisted some with cause some without. It is so nice to hear some good news instead of doom and gloom. It's tough out there for a lot of people.

My partner and I are in a very nice position. Not through luck more by judgement. Our children are grown and out of the nest. We sold a larger house in Hampshire and moved up here. My partner was born on Parsons Cross estate and his folks now live in Ecclesfield. For him it was coming home for me something different but we were able to buy this property outright. We both have small incomes which means that we get by OK and we have a passion for getting all of our utility bills as low as possible by insulating saving water etc. We have been here for nearly a year now and during that time we have been able to think about what we want to do rather than what we have to do to bring in additional income for the luxuries like holidays.

Thanks. I fear you will likely be accused of gloating.

Personally I wish you and yours many happy years.

It's a good job I don't work in typical IT then isn't it?

Have you told the likes of GCHQ of your findings. The last I heard they were struggling to get qualified staff. Our place will be recruiting more soon too thanks to my recent developments.

Just looked and my bubble is intact.

That sums you up completely doesn't it?

Yes but your post has a sincerity about it which is not so evident in the opening post. Remove the 'After 3 years' sentence and it sounds less like a snub on those who are feeling the pinch. Fantastic that for now your doing fine others aren't and it isn't always due to having zero drive or ambition.

:hihi:my god there are some seriously chipped shoulders on here, one is an ass......sorry a donkey, petty jealousy of someone who made his life better by trying and thinking out of the box, you negative posters really are the sad ones, the original OP was not gloating as far as i could see, just your twisted logic makes him a tory bully boy:hihi::hihi: well i think its pretty obvious who the losers are on this thread:gag: and will probably stay losers

:hihi:my god there are some seriously chipped shoulders on here, one is an ass......sorry a donkey, petty jealousy of someone who made his life better by trying and thinking out of the box, you negative posters really are the sad ones, the original OP was not gloating as far as i could see, just your twisted logic makes him a tory bully boy:hihi::hihi: well i think its pretty obvious who the losers are on this thread:gag: and will probably stay losers

How many aliasses do you have?

Archived