Hard times? What hard times?

You have the same chances I had. Nothing has changed.

You're already making the mistakes that have caused the hard times if all you're thinking of is a credit card. Why spend what you don't have? It just ties you down to your lifestyle.

Point missed entirely, clearly...

I don't want a credit card, just like I don't want to hit my overdraft. I manage to stay out though any part time work I can get, but its a close-run thing. Don't go telling me what mistakes I have and haven't made.

My point is that I'm swimming against the tide, every day, just to find a job. Re-train? Sure, but all I can save goes on rent first. Get a car and search for commuting jobs? Sure, but I've bills to pay first. I'm applying everywhere I can, but so is everybody else. Your original post blames people for aiming for mortgaes. I'd be so lucky. I'm making the best I can of what I've got, and I'm making my best efforts to improve. I just don't have the luxury of anything to start from. Same as all the young people out there.

Point missed entirely, clearly...

I don't want a credit card, just like I don't want to hit my overdraft. I manage to stay out though any part time work I can get, but its a close-run thing. Don't go telling me what mistakes I have and haven't made.

My point is that I'm swimming against the tide, every day, just to find a job. Re-train? Sure, but all I can save goes on rent first. Get a car and search for commuting jobs? Sure, but I've bills to pay first. I'm applying everywhere I can, but so is everybody else. Your original post blames people for aiming for mortgaes. I'd be so lucky. I'm making the best I can of what I've got, and I'm making my best efforts to improve. I just don't have the luxury of anything to start from. Same as all the young people out there.

I can only reply to what you post.

You have to carry on and will hit barriers from time to time. It will come if you work at it. It's inevitable. I didn't have a car or mortgage either. I saw this as an advantage as I wasn't tied down.

Have you considered volunteering or perhaps relocating? Maybe I could ask at our place for you. I once offered to do the same for another forum member but they didn't seem interested.

The offer is genuine by the way. We're recruiting in many areas and fields.

I take it you're proud of your grandchlidren? Aren't you in danger of doing it at the expense of others? Have you considered those who can't concieve?

Why can you proclaim your achievement but I can't. At least I worked at mine. For most concieving is quite a simple task. Why can you proclaim your pride but I can't?

Here take one of these .................. I think you need one:hihi:.

Thinking out of the box? You don't even know what that means. You are more predictable than a cuckoo clock. You probably think the ass/donkey joke is really leftfield and original.

I think it is you who is the loser. You suffer from such a total lack of imagination that you think training in IT is "thinking out of the box.". Move over Einstein. The Nobel Prize is coming to Sheffield :hihi:

eee awww eee aww! i didnt say training in IT was "thinking out of the box" i said that doing things like actually getting off your ass gets you much further than whining and complaining, which incidentally you seem to do on every thread you post on, as for loser ok your opinion i dont really care, apart from what i do every day is provide employment for many and i reap the rewards for being a nasty capitalist......but you dont like that do you??? by the way what did you do this week:suspect:

eee awww eee aww! i didnt say training in IT was "thinking out of the box" i said that doing things like actually getting off your ass gets you much further than whining and complaining, which incidentally you seem to do on every thread you post on, as for loser ok your opinion i dont really care, apart from what i do every day is provide employment for many and i reap the rewards for being a nasty capitalist......but you dont like that do you??? by the way what did you do this week:suspect:

Are you a nasty capitalist?:o

Here take one of these .................. I think you need one:hihi:.

Didn't think you would have a reply. I haven't looked at the link as I'm on a phone and browsing is slow. Let me guess, is it a chill pill? Take a chill pill tends to be forum code for "I haven't got an answer as I know I'm talkimg bubbles".

Thanks for making me feel smug with your lack of answer. I pity your grandkids if you're what they have to look up to as a grandfather.

Edit: It was a straw. I see. My asking you to explain your double standards is me clutching at straws. I still await why your pride is different.

Didn't think you would have a reply. I haven't looked at the link as I'm on a phone and browsing is slow. Let me guess, is it a chill pill? Take a chill pill tends to be forum code for "I haven't got an answer as I know I'm talkimg bubbles".

Thanks for making me feel smug with your lack of answer. I pity your grandkids if you're what they have to look up to as a grandfather.

Don’t feel sorry for me …………….. feel sorry for those that feel the need to blow their own trumpet.

Ps

It was a picture of straws because I think you are clutching at them big style.

Go on then I will pacify you.

I am mortgage free.

I have no debt

I drive a soft top sports car

I took a Mediterranean cruise for this year’s holidays

Is that ok for you , no matter how low you want to stoop I am not bringing children into the debate.

Don’t feel sorry for me …………….. feel sorry for those that feel the need to blow their own trumpet.

Ps

I edited my post as I managed to look at it.

Care to explain why you can have pride and proclaim something without it being gloating and at other's expense.

Rather than posting links explain why I'm so bad for sharing my story.

Did you share the news of the child with others? Did you consider the feelings of those who can't have children?

It's pretty much the same really.

Ps

Go on then I will pacify you.

I am mortgage free.

I have no debt

I drive a soft top sports car

I took a Mediterranean cruise for this year’s holidays

Is that ok for you , no matter how low you want to stoop I am not bringing children into the debate.

Not bothered about the kids. Simply want you to explain why you can be so proud to be a grandfather that you change your username yet my pride isn't on as it's at other people's expense.

Archived