EDL reveal themselves as Fascists

There are plenty of people, many on here that would attack members of the EDL for no other reason than not liking what they stand for, there is no reason to assume the fighting was caused by or involved the EDL.

Well, no reason apart from everything the EDL have ever done. You don't seriously think that the police won't have put 2 and 2 together do you?

so the amount of people who DONT support the EDL but argue the toss anyway arent?

I don't support MAC or the EDL but I do support the right to have an opinion and express that opinion within the law, I would prefer engagement with both groups in the hope of making them less extreme, calling them childish names and banning them won't solve anything.

Apart from their history of violence and their publically planned attack on the protest camp.

Yes they have a history of violence but there is also a history of violence towards them, attacking them is as bad as being part of the EDL. Both should be arrested when they break the law.

My personal opinion is that all protests should be banned because they usually end in violence, but I don’t support the selective banning of protest.

I don't think anyone are defending the EDL, just there right to protest...

That's funny, Frank, because a couple of months ago you claimed on here you'd personally gone out and recruited 3 people to the EDL that day because of anti-EDL comments on here. We all knew that was a lie by the way.

What have they done?

Some more details of what happened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8885128/EDL-members-arrested-on-Armistice-Day.html

A source at the Red Lion said officers corralled EDL members into the pub at around 11am in a bid to keep them "in one place".

But he said elements within the group later became abusive towards staff, with some allegedly leaning over the counter to steal food.

Officers were called back to the premises at around 12.50pm and began to "physically push them out" of the drinking spot, he said.

"Some of the staff aren't English and they were shouting at them, telling them to say 'England is better than where I'm from', and things like that," he said.

Another source at the pub said rowdy scenes broke out as supporters were removed from the venue.

"They did not want to go," he added.

"They resisted to the point they were throwing stools at the police and bar staff.

"It was not an average working day. The EDL decided to use this as a base. They were not happy that a number of our bar staff were not English."

So it looks like your EDL buddies were not quite so innocent after all.

Some more details of what happened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8885128/EDL-members-arrested-on-Armistice-Day.html

So it looks like your EDL buddies were not quite so innocent after all.

What a stupid statement, is it meant to intimidate me into not defending everyone’s rights to peaceful protest?

If they broke the law they needed to be arrested, the BBC report didn’t mention any of the abusive behaviour.

That's funny, Frank, because a couple of months ago you claimed on here you'd personally gone out and recruited 3 people to the EDL that day because of anti-EDL comments on here. We all knew that was a lie by the way.

The crystal ball is out again!! :hihi:

To recruit someone I'd first have to be a member. I support the principle that they oppose islamic extremists, the people who protest at dead soldiers funerals and burn poppies, any right thinking person would support these principles. This I'm afraid excludes you...:D

The crystal ball is out again!! :hihi:

To recruit someone I'd first have to be a member. I support the principle that they oppose islamic extremists, the people who protest at dead soldiers funerals and burn poppies, any right thinking person would support these principles. This I'm afraid excludes you...:D

shouldnt those islamists have their right to protest then? or does it only count when its the EDL?

secondly the EDL dont actually have a valid protest as i see it, they choose predominently asian / muslim areas and jackboot through it chanting EDL

thats NOT a valid protest, thats an action purely devised to cause hatred and tensions and violence.

devised by people who headbutt their own members may i also add

Archived