The realization that someone is an idiot..

I have had a small (very small) epiphany today. It's dawned on me (slowly) that someone I've known for many years is really an idiot. And so is their spouse. There is no other explanation for the financial mess they find themselves in. I can't share this with anyone in RL, so I confess it here. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Yes. I realised today that someone close was an idiot.

Once again they visit me and bring in an atmos you could cut with a knife. They then make a point of starting a row, bring up something totaly unrelated, say i had brought it up, told me how disgusting i was for bringing it up then stormed off, made a phone call to a family member who rang me and told me what a piece of dirt i was for saying what i didnt say:roll:

So yeah.

Yes. I realised today that someone close was an idiot.

Once again they visit me and bring in an atmos you could cut with a knife. They then make a point of starting a row, bring up something totaly unrelated, say i had brought it up, told me how disgusting i was for bringing it up then stormed off, made a phone call to a family member who rang me and told me what a piece of dirt i was for saying what i didnt say:roll:

So yeah.

Hmmm, sounds like they can add insanity to their list of faults. Maybe more than one personality?

Real Life.

I think it's mean to say that someone is an absolute idiot.

I can't tell anyone I know in real life. And yes, sometimes I am absolutely an idiot myself. Just yesterday, I spent 1/2 an hour, looking everywhere for my Costco Rewards check. I couldn't find it, and told myself I'd already used it. My son found it right where I'd left it. Carefully folded and stuck to the front of the refrigerator with a magnet. :help:

However, these people are pushing the envelope of idiocy. I suspect that once you get to a certain point, everything snowballs and you're helpless to stop it. Like sliding down a hill. All you can do is try to slow yourself down until you hit the bottom, and can assess the damage and see what it'll take to climb back up.

Candidate(s) for idiocy:

1. Doing your own business website when you have a tenous grasp on both spelling and grammar. And stealing other people's pictures off the internet is a no-no.

2. Buying a way bigger house than you need and spending vast sums to heat it, cool it, clean it and decorate it. Also, putting in an expensive infinity pool which I must admit, looked awesome. Especially when lit up at night. It really worked out well for the people who picked your house up for a song when you were forced to short sale it a few years later. Maybe if you ask nicely, your new landlord will allow you to paint the walls in his house a different color. And taking the expensive window coverings with you wasn't very nice. You know as well as anyone that anything 'attached' was supposed to stay. The odds of your ever having windows that size again are about a billion to one.

3. Taking out three mortgages. With adjustable rates no less.

4. Buying $400 shoes and handbags. And the $900 Louis Vuitton epileather bag was really a good investment, don't you think? Here I am carrying things in an old leather tote from Cargo Largo and for the messy stuff, a Trader Joe's bag because it has handles. I really think you should seek professional help with this one. Who doesn't like nice things? But just because someone else chooses to spend their money in other ways (or not to spend it at all) does not mean you should look down your nose at them. Shame on you. This isn't high school, and lucky for you it isn't.

5. Not IMMEDIATELY selling everything that you aren't eating, wearing or using. With rare exceptions, if it doesn't fit in your new place, it needs to go. NOW. Don't throw good money after bad by paying to store these items. And no, you won't get what they're worth on Craigslist. Which is why before looking anywhere else, I check out Craigslist first. I got a solid mahogany Pottery Barn armoire for my living room for $200, from someone who was desperate to unload it.

6. Ditch that 60' sailboat. Unless you plan on living on it. Which is a real possibility at this point.

7. Encourage your daughters to put their time and energy into their educations. Seriously. No one's a failure because they buy and use Maybelline. Your girls are lovely, and nice kids to boot. But you filling their pretty little heads with mush is a crime. The odds of them marrying "well" are about equal to me running off to Tahiti with George Clooney. The younger one is cute, but she aint no singer.

This isn't the half of it.

Archived