The realization that someone is an idiot..

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I usually detect it quite quickly and try not to associate with them. When I'm bored and feel I'm missing out, I come on to SF to observe some of the resident idiots in action. :hihi: Today certainly hasn't disappointed. :D

I usually detect it quite quickly and try not to associate with them. When I'm bored and feel I'm missing out, I come on to SF to observe some of the resident idiots in action. :hihi: Today certainly hasn't disappointed. :D

Does it ever? That's what I love about this place. I can do this and have some folks think I'm a total jacka55 and no one will hold it against me. And if they do? I don't have to face them. It's perfect!

Does it ever?

Well, no. Not usually. ;)

That's what I love about this place. I can do this and have some folks think I'm a total jacka55 and no one will hold it against me. And if they do? I don't have to face them. It's perfect!

Oh, take it from me, the idiocy on here is crippling. In the SF scheme of things, you're like an 'Einstein' to their 'single-celled organism; not even on the radar. :D

Think I'll go and tell the girlfriend that someone on here also likes the works of Octavia E. Butler. (R.I.P.)

Well, no. Not usually. ;)

Oh, take it from me, the idiocy on here is crippling. In the SF scheme of things, you're like an 'Einstein' to their 'single-celled organism; not even on the radar. :D

Think I'll go and tell the girlfriend that someone on here also likes the works of Octavia E. Butler. (R.I.P.)

Hey, Octavia Butler rocks.

I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle. Not the brightest but definitely not the slowest, either. My favorites are the people who are very sharp, but have the self awareness and humility to point out mistakes with kindness. But only to benefit you. Not to make themselves look smart. An Admin and a couple mods come to mind. :)

I can't tell anyone I know in real life. And yes, sometimes I am absolutely an idiot myself. Just yesterday, I spent 1/2 an hour, looking everywhere for my Costco Rewards check. I couldn't find it, and told myself I'd already used it. My son found it right where I'd left it. Carefully folded and stuck to the front of the refrigerator with a magnet. :help:

However, these people are pushing the envelope of idiocy. I suspect that once you get to a certain point, everything snowballs and you're helpless to stop it. Like sliding down a hill. All you can do is try to slow yourself down until you hit the bottom, and can assess the damage and see what it'll take to climb back up.

Candidate(s) for idiocy:

1. Doing your own business website when you have a tenous grasp on both spelling and grammar. And stealing other people's pictures off the internet is a no-no.

2. Buying a way bigger house than you need and spending vast sums to heat it, cool it, clean it and decorate it. Also, putting in an expensive infinity pool which I must admit, looked awesome. Especially when lit up at night. It really worked out well for the people who picked your house up for a song when you were forced to short sale it a few years later. Maybe if you ask nicely, your new landlord will allow you to paint the walls in his house a different color. And taking the expensive window coverings with you wasn't very nice. You know as well as anyone that anything 'attached' was supposed to stay. The odds of your ever having windows that size again are about a billion to one.

3. Taking out three mortgages. With adjustable rates no less.

4. Buying $400 purses and handbags. I really think you should seek professional help with this one. Who doesn't like nice things? But just because someone else chooses to spend their money in other ways (or not to spend it at all) does not mean you should look down your nose at them. Shame on you. This isn't high school, and lucky for you it isn't.

5. Not IMMEDIATELY selling everything that you aren't eating, wearing or using. With rare exceptions, if it doesn't fit in your new place, it needs to go. NOW. Don't throw good money after bad by paying to store these items. And no, you won't get what they're worth on Craigslist. Which is why before looking anywhere else, I check out Craigslist first. I got a solid mahogany Pottery Barn armoire for my living room for $200, from someone who was desperate to unload it.

6. Ditch that 60' sailboat. Unless you plan on living on it. Which is a real possibility at this point.

7. Encourage your daughters to put their time and energy into their educations. Seriously. No one's a failure because they buy and use Maybelline. Your girls are lovely, and nice kids to boot. But you filling their pretty little heads with mush is a crime. The odds of them marrying "well" are about equal to me running off to Tahiti with George Clooney. The younger one is cute, but she aint no singer.

This isn't the half of it.

You know it really warms the cockles of the old heart to hear that on discovering someone they have known for years is in deep trouble some people react in such an understanding heartwarming way by gloating about it and going on the internet to whinge about them in a such a way as should they read it they'll be pretty easily able to identify themselves.

It's so nice that rather than doing something silly like offering advice or support you've decided instead to turn on them and slate them on the net. What a lovely person you are.

You know it really warms the cockles of the old heart to hear that on discovering someone they have known for years is in deep trouble some people react in such an understanding heartwarming way by gloating about it and going on the internet to whinge about them in a such a way as should they read it they'll be pretty easily able to identify themselves.

It's so nice that rather than doing something silly like offering advice or support you've decided instead to turn on them and slate them on the net. What a lovely person you are.

Yeah, I suck. :)

You are aware I reside in California, right?

Oh. I'm also a big, fat b word. Huge. I'm mean as a snake when crossed and vindictive till the cows come home. And then some. That said, I love small children and animals. They're about the only beings on this planet you can sort of trust. At least if they do something crappy to you, it's out of instinct or fear.

These people are getting what New Englanders would call a 'comeuppance". Also, since you know neither me, nor them, nor the many bad decisions that led up to this, I suggest you reserve judgement. This did not happen overnight. They had years to correct their mistake(s) and avoid this. Had they not been so pig headed, prideful, stuck on themselves, convinced of their own superiority, they would have heeded the warnings instead of driving off a cliff. Yes, I am gloating and no. I do not feel sorry for them. See the first sentence. I wasn't kidding.

Thanks for resurrecting my thread. It was kind of dying.

Archived