Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

A bit like selling people a hand full of shares in companies that the public already owned, neglecting the fact that Tory business men were getting the option to buy thousands if not millions of shares

A bit like it - but more targeted at people who would normally vote Labour.

I contend that the feeling of worthlessness and lack of pride in adults (mainly men) on some estates in Sheffield and other areas of England emanated from the Thatcher years.

The man was the breadwinner in that era and even the ones who were of only average and sometimes less than average intelligence and ability could earn enough to keep themselves and their families.They derived their pride and dignity from this.

Thatcher took away their ability to do this and a downward spiral ensued. Hopefully i will bottom out soon, but I am not holding my breath.

I contend that the feeling of worthlessness and lack of pride in adults (mainly men) on some estates in Sheffield and other areas of England emanated from the Thatcher years.

The man was the breadwinner in that era and even the ones who were of only average and sometimes less than average intelligence and ability could earn enough to keep themselves and their families.They derived their pride and dignity from this.

Thatcher took away their ability to do this and a downward spiral ensued. Hopefully i will bottom out soon, but I am not holding my breath.

Do you think Smarmy Dave and Lapdog Clegg will be the ones to save us?:cool:

Until the average man on the street as the means to provide for his family we will always be in hock to someone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then again isn’t that how the powers that be want it to stay.

Until the average man on the street as the means to provide for his family we will always be in hock to someone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then again isn’t that how the powers that be want it to stay.

That is a very cynical post. The cynics are right most of the time, unfortunately.

Archived