Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Don't know who made more but in production terms Factory B produced a miracle.

To but it more realistically then ……….. Forge Masters make one 200 ton casting while Thrybergh Bar mill makes 200 one ton bars …………who made the most.

Bearing in mind that a bar mill can turn out bars like shelling peas.

Why would they be doing nothing? They are certainly doing far less sat on the dole and not contributing to society.

Because there would be nothing for them to do at the company they are employed with.

Don't business employ people only if there is a position for them to work in and not just employ them for the sake of getting them off the dole.

Going back to Tescos, £3+ Billion profit. Do you suggest Tesco employ another 50,000 people that are currently on the dole, paying them 20K a year each. It would eat a little into Tescos profits but they would still make a billion or so profit, even if there isn't actually anything for them 50,000 people to do apart from sit in the staff room drinking tea all day.

Because there would be nothing for them to do at the company they are employed with.

Don't business employ people only if there is a position for them to work in and not just employ them for the sake of getting them off the dole.

Going back to Tescos, £3+ Billion profit. Do you suggest Tesco employ another 50,000 people that are currently on the dole, paying them 20K a year each. It would eat a little into Tescos profits but they would still make a billion or so profit, even if there isn't actually anything for them 50,000 people to do apart from sit in the staff room drinking tea all day.

You have failed to understand the basic question. Again, why would they be doing nothing?

To but it more realistically then ……….. Forge Masters make one 200 ton casting while Thrybergh Bar mill makes 200 one ton bars …………who made the most.

Bearing in mind that a bar mill can turn out bars like shelling peas.

Plus the fact that the Forgemasters casting could be made of expensive stainless whereas the bar rolled at Thrybergh is a low alloy, low value grade.

The casting would have taken 1000's of man hrs to produce, whereas the rolled bar would be a fraction of this.

You have failed to understand the basic question. Again, why would they be doing nothing?

Say i own a business and all the positions within my company are filled up, i made £1 million profit last year and decide to employ another 10 people at £20k a year just for the sake of it knowing full well there isnt a position within my company for them to work in, what do i give them to do to earn their wages. Theres nothing for them to do apart from sit around drinking tea all day.

Say i own a business and all the positions within my company are filled up, i made £1 million profit last year and decide to employ another 10 people at £20k a year just for the sake of it knowing full well there isnt a position within my company for them to work in, what do i give them to do to earn their wages. Theres nothing for them to do apart from sit around drinking tea all day.

If you own a business it is you who is responsible for finding the work to employ your staff. Are you trying to blame them for your own failings?:cool:

No because in the real world knowing i didn't have any work for them to do, i wouldn't have employed them extra 10 people in the first place.

Private companies will always strive to maximise profit.

Public sector employers should be under government directive to employ people in order to increase the quality of life for all.

It is better to employ people and make little profit than pay them dole money to sit and fester.

The devil makes work for idle hands.

Private companies will always strive to maximise profit.

Public sector employers should be under government directive to employ people in order to increase the quality of life for all.

It is better to employ people and make little profit than pay them dole money to sit and fester.

The devil makes work for idle hands.

Yes but it doesn't matter if it's the public sector or a private sector company making £10 profit or £10 Billion profit, if there isn't actually a postition within the company for someone to work in, then what is the point of employing them if you have no work for them to do.

Archived