Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

The British people own thousands of companies that are run quite successfully without government control. I remember the good old days when state run power companies had power cuts every winter and we all sat round a candle to keep warm.

You dont remember that at all, because it never happened.

You are just making things up now.

Do you realise the nonsense you have written?

You dont remember that at all, because it never happened.

You are just making things up now.

To clarify - are you claiming that there weren't power cuts in the 70's? (I know there were, because I remember them)

Or that there aren't thousands of thousands of companies that are run quite successfully without government control?

Which do you not believe and why?

:hihi::hihi: Very witty but it's you that's the fantasist

Thank you, here another one of my fantasies.

Sheffield no longer produces steel because the steel industry was crushed along with the mining industry by a wicked tyrant from the south. This tyrant hated everyone that much she even nicked all the milk, millions starved to death as a result and twenty years later the pain she caused as left millions unable get off their arses and make a better life for themselves. Generations are left with nothing productive to do other than moaning about how much better their life would be if they still got free milk.

The British people own thousands of companies that are run quite successfully without government control. I remember the good old days when state run power companies had power cuts every winter and we all sat round a candle to keep warm.

The other side of this is that EDF is 85% nationalised in France. They floated 15% stock to make it into a Société Anonyme, roughly translated as a PLC. We are being sold electricity by a nationalised industry, just not our own.

To clarify - are you claiming that there weren't power cuts in the 70's? (I know there were, because I remember them)

Or that there aren't thousands of thousands of companies that are run quite successfully without government control?

Which do you not believe and why?

To clarify,

1)there were power cuts, as a result of strike action.

Nothing to do with an ineffiecient industry.

180 degrees the opposite.

Are you standing against strike action?

2)The fact that many foreign companies are now in charge of our basic infrastructure is a bad thing in my opinion. I didnt relise it was thousands, that makes it even worse.

To clarify,

1)there were power cuts, as a result of strike action.

Nothing to do with an ineffiecient industry.

180 degrees the opposite.

Are you standing against strike action?

2)The fact that many foreign companies are now in charge of our basic infrastructure is a bad thing in my opinion. I didnt relise it was thousands, that makes it even worse.

If you accept that there were indeed power cuts, why did you write the following?

You dont remember that at all, because it never happened.You are just making things up now.

Bizarre.

A lot of miners used to say what a rotten job it was and didn't want their sons to go down the pit.

Yes it was a terrible job, but it was a job, well paid, skilled and proud.

Nothing has filled the vacuum

The villages are empty, and are filled with a generation of young men with nothing to do.

West/Mid Yorkshire is a sad place these days.

Drive along the M62 and see the massive power stations, Ferrybridge, Drax and Egborough.

All powered by foreign coal, which could be powered by the coal they sit upon, won by our own people from our own pits.

Closed by one womans hatred of her own people.

Archived