Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

To clarify - are you claiming that there weren't power cuts in the 70's? (I know there were, because I remember them)

Were they "every winter"

Or that there aren't thousands of thousands of companies that are run quite successfully without government control?

How many of these thousands of companies provide national services, services that should be under the control of the government.

Were they "every winter"

How many of these thousands of companies provide national services, services that should be under the control of the government.

I am not going to respond to the guy any longer, and would advise you to do the same.

In my short time on here I have never known him to contribute anything.

He is a troll of the first water, and not worthy of our time.

That is actually untrue. What Thatcher did was to create a situation where inefficient nationalised industries were forced to get rid of excess labour and compete in the international market.

UK Steel output increased under Thatcher.

UK motor manufacturing increased under Thatcher with an influx of Japanese manufacturers prepared to set up production in the UK once the demarcation stupidity was stamped out.

Manufacturing in general increased under Thatcher with manufactured goods increasing to 20% of GDP up from around 13% in 1979.

Regarding the Milk Snatcher title. Abolition of free school milk was started by Harold Wilson's government. It is odd that if folks thought it such a great idea to give free milk in schools that in the 13 years of Labour Government no one actually suggested reintroducing it. But of course that's a totally different story.

Good post - they won't like it up 'em!

Yes it was a terrible job, but it was a job, well paid, skilled and proud.

Nothing has filled the vacuum

The villages are empty, and are filled with a generation of young men with nothing to do.

West/Mid Yorkshire is a sad place these days.

Drive along the M62 and see the massive power stations, Ferrybridge, Drax and Egborough.

All powered by foreign coal, which could be powered by the coal they sit upon, won by our own people from our own pits.

Closed by one womans hatred of her own people.

I don't think it was Margaret Thatchers hatred of her own people I think it was a power struggle between the government and the unions which the government had to win at all costs to prove who ruled the country.

Yes it was a terrible job, but it was a job, well paid, skilled and proud.

Nothing has filled the vacuum

The villages are empty, and are filled with a generation of young men with nothing to do.

West/Mid Yorkshire is a sad place these days.

Drive along the M62 and see the massive power stations, Ferrybridge, Drax and Egborough.

All powered by foreign coal, which could be powered by the coal they sit upon, won by our own people from our own pits.

Closed by one womans hatred of her own people.

If she hated the British miners why didn’t she close all the mines?

She is responsible for the end of industry in this country and the start of the financial sector that we are all suffering from now …………. Sheffield the steel city to Sheffield the call centre city …………. Repeated all over the country and you can see why people hate Thatcher.

It was the Thatcher legacy that stopped the Conservatives winning the last election ……………… thank god for small mercy’s.

How very true. The best thing you could say about MargarateThatcher as a primeminister is she is no longer one:(

Archived