Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

That probably has a lot to do with the intimidations a miner would receive if they voiced their opposition to the strikes, all the name calling, bricks through windows, smashed up cars and that intimidation still goes on today.

So I work with people in a factory years / decades later they still feel too intimidated to speak the truth ………. Get real .

This thread really is about the history of recent politics and how they shaped our area and attitudes. Feelings of resentment, distrust and perhaps even hatred are still very deep and very real.

I lived through the times and the images still remain. If any younger Forumer would like to attempt to understand the times I would suggest that they watch the film "Brassed off" which is an excellent portrayal of the era and typifies what Thatcher and tories in general are all about.

The band in the film actually was based upon "Grimethorpe Colliery Band"

If any younger Forumer would like to attempt to understand the times I would suggest that they watch the film "Brassed off" which is an excellent portrayal of the era and typifies what Thatcher and tories in general are all about.

The band in the film actually was based upon "Grimethorpe Colliery Band"

Mr Smith claim to be from mining stock, maybe he should take note what it was really all about ……… don’t just click this link and then close it ………

If they were seals or whales you would all be up in arms ………… says it all really.

Walking behind you villages banner at the

, annual trip to the seaside, going to the club on a Sunday afternoon for pop and crisps, community spirit, days when you not only knew your neighbours … you actually worked with them ………. All gone and nothing to replace it.

Mr Smith claim to be from mining stock, maybe he shout take note what it was really all about ……… don’t just click this link and then close it ………

Walking behind you villages banner at the

, annual trip to the seaside, going to the club on a Sunday afternoon for pop and crisps, community spirit, days when you not only knew your neighbours … you actually worked with them ………. All gone and nothing to replace it.

But they've all gone quiet over there!

:hihi::hihi:

Archived