Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Margret Thatcher was all about being fare; the poll tax was a good example of fare, everyone pays for the services we use instead of just a few. Before the poll tax an old couple living on their pension would pay the same tax as six workers living in the same house, but alas people didn’t like to pay their way, so they spat the dummy out and it was abolished.

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

So you read The Daily Mail, but even they couldn't deny the fact that Bing Bang started in 1986 and was a cornerstone of Thatchers de-regulation programme.

Get your prioritys right, and everyone can afford £1.50 to buy 4 pints of milk.

In fact, if the parents stopped driving the kids the 0.5 miles to school and back and made the kids walk....lets do the maths...

TO school and back in the morning - based on 0.5 miles = 1mile

To school and back in the afternoon - based on 0.5 miles one way = 1 mile.

So 1 + 1 = 2 miles.

If you multiply that by 5 days.....5 days x 2 miles = 10 miles driving.

If you say petrol is around £6.50 a gallon, and a car does 30mpg.....

THEN...........

The cost of driving to and from school every day is around 1/3 of a gallon of fuel.

SO.....

£6.50 devide by 3..........= £2.16

SO by not driving the kids to school, you save £2.16 every week, with that money you can buy 6 pints of milk

So nobody needs to go without milk

Nonsense.

Labour introduced mass immigration, undermining the british workforce. They flooded the country with migrants forcing up the cost of housing.

Labour were very keen to fire the people at the bottom, while rewarding the very public sector bosses whos incompetence caused the problem in the first place.

They introduced many rights in the workplace, which was great for the people who had these cushy jobs. Not great for the army of temps who could not have a permanent job, while the covered the 12 month sabatical of the person they were covering.

Lets not also forget the temps who were often paid far less than the actual workers.

Funny that because in the early 1980s you couldn't shift in Fargate on Saturday afternoons because of foreigners.

We need a thatcher to sort out this country (and the current ranks of the conservatives).

Benefit scroungers, the EU, people in cushy public sector non jobs, would all be in for a serious handbaging

Whic cushy public sector non jobs are you referring to?

Just remember how Thatcher closed Firth-Brown Ltd, Hadfields Ltd, Brown Bayleys Ltd etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc........................... and they were just in Sheffield!:roll:

Yes I remember how British Steel closed its inefficient plants that couldn't compete in the world markets. It took the millstone from around the world-class plants that could produce steel at a competitive price.

I had the privilege of touring Corus's plant near Conisborough a few years ago alongside the Master Cutler. It is a world-class facility that turns out thousands of tons of high quality steel each day but with barely a handful of employees. I compare that with what I saw 20 years or so before when I visited Firth Brown's. All you saw then were hundreds of folks aimlessly passing the time of day waiting for their particular piece of the production process to crop up. The Victorian plants have gone along with the inefficient poor quality output and let the plants producing competitive steel thrive.

Archived