Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

So she didn't break the working class after all then.

No, but she broke all the tools they needed to work with, in the most vindictive action of any PM before or since.

There is no chance of us regaining the wealth and good standards we had before she came and smashed everything, then sold what was left to whoever wanted it. Friend or Foe.

Like all grocers, she knew the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

Better to be true to your own than think that some pompous millionaire's daughter would bother about thee and me.

Thatcher wasn't the daughter of a millionaire denlin but she didn't get her political career on the road until she married one, so much for self-reliance.

Coincidentally it was 20 years ago yesterday that Thatcher was told by her party she was a liability and they got rid of her.

Unbelievable! She has been gone 2 x longer (almost) than the period of time the wretched woman was actually in power.

At risk of going off on a tangent..........

Yes! The Thatcherite Junta did put many many people in the North out of work (including me), and at the time I hated her and all that happened.

On the minus side I remember my youngest daughter running in when the ice cream man played his tones and she announced "No Pennies" (because she thought that is what he was called).

On the plus side, I had such a wonderful time being unemployed and spending it with my children when they were small... Taking them to school and actually bonding with them in a way which would be impossible if I had been working at the time.

Although I could probably have provided more (materially) for my kids at the time had I been employed, It was NOTHING compared to the bond and love we built in that period of time.

So, I guess depending on your progression through life at the time, it was all relative...

I wouldn't have missed it for the world, even though we were relatively poor at the time.

Archived