Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

There are non so blind as those who do not want to see......and anyway, your points of view hold no water with me, as anyone (such as yourself) who wishes death on another human being doesn't have a valid point and therefore your points of view are not even worthy of any consideration:shakes:

Why are you sticking up for someone whose policies caused the state we're in now and during the miners strike did she shed a tear for the poor sods who saw no light at the end of the tunnel after years working in a job you or I wouldn't do that they hung themselves. I know people whose businesses went to the wall due to her. Great idea buy your own council house, then have no job and lose your home.

Rent is worse than debt, its goes up each year and is never paid off.

My rent has stayed the same for the last 18 months.

I'm not sure what you mean by "never paid off" - you're renting something until you no longer need it.

I much prefer this way of living because I don't have to worry about maintenance and can move on when I want to try somewhere new without the hassle of a chain and selling my existing property or worrying about house prices. Plus I can live just about anywhere I like and not have to worry about not being able to afford to buy.

My rent has stayed the same for the last 18 months.

I'm not sure what you mean by "never paid off" - you're renting something until you no longer need it.

I much prefer this way of living because I don't have to worry about maintenance and can move on when I want to try somewhere new without the hassle of a chain and selling my existing property or worrying about house prices. Plus I can live just about anywhere I like and not have to worry about not being able to afford to buy.

We are talking about council tenants buying their houses at a discount, many of them that bought would have continued paying rent for longer than their mortgage had they not bought. It was substantially cheaper for them to buy than continue renting.

You will because housing benefit doesn't cover mortgages. A lot did under that old bats regime

Isn't that we are talking about, the people that bought when Lady Thatcher was in charge, and it apears that help is still available.

If you are unemployed or working fewer than 16 hours a week, ask about Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI). SMI helps you make the interest payments on your mortgage for up to two years.

You may get help with mortgage interest payments as part of your benefits, if you are a homeowner and are getting:

Income Support

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Pension Credit

Isn't that we are talking about, the people that bought when Lady Thatcher was in charge, and it apears that help is still available.

If you are unemployed or working fewer than 16 hours a week, ask about Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI). SMI helps you make the interest payments on your mortgage for up to two years.

You may get help with mortgage interest payments as part of your benefits, if you are a homeowner and are getting:

Income Support

Pension Credit

She only became 'Lady' after she was sacked.

She was just Thatcher in those dark days.

Income Support

Pension Credit

The interest does not pay off your mortgage and loads were reposessed because she led people into the house buying land of milk and honey but it was just a honey trap and then she poured it down the sink:rant::rant::rant: Oh and you can't get Income support and income based jobseekers - it's either one or the other. You used to be able to get income based for a year, then she cut it to six months and I believe sneaky Tory Blair cut it to 3 months

The interest does not pay off your mortgage and loads were reposessed because she led people into the house buying land of milk and honey but it was just a honey trap and then she poured it down the sink:rant::rant::rant: Oh and you can't get Income support and income based jobseekers - it's either one or the other. You used to be able to get income based for a year, then she cut it to six months and I believe sneaky Tory Blair cut it to 3 months

You are right but whilst the interest is being paid you won't lose your house.

I didn't say you could.

Archived