Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Yes I remember how British Steel closed its inefficient plants that couldn't compete in the world markets. It took the millstone from around the world-class plants that could produce steel at a competitive price.

I had the privilege of touring Corus's plant near Conisborough a few years ago alongside the Master Cutler. It is a world-class facility that turns out thousands of tons of high quality steel each day but with barely a handful of employees. I compare that with what I saw 20 years or so before when I visited Firth Brown's. All you saw then were hundreds of folks aimlessly passing the time of day waiting for their particular piece of the production process to crop up. The Victorian plants have gone along with the inefficient poor quality output and let the plants producing competitive steel thrive.

Money money money. Most people want to work for a living wage and spend it in their community. The steel mills provided that work, but along came the tory bully and decided to take away the employment because they wanted moor profit for themselves and shareholders. All hail king greed !!

Its clog iron v precision steel ………. Doesn’t take much working out.

Not even that, it's just total and utter make believe, remember on a similar thread a while back and Heading North couldn't even name an existing steel producer in Sheffield, he should stick to what he knows about, whatever that is!

Falls of the chair ***** himself.

Could you tell me how it was fair that I had a mortgage at 15% to buy a house at market value while others were given sold their council house for next to nothing.

They couldn't buy for next to nothing, they received a discount based on their years of paying rent. The discount was a maximum of 60% or £23,000 which ever was the lowest. Many of the council houses sold also need modernization. I know the council house my parents bought needed substantially more work doing to it than the house I bought privately for £11,000 more than they paid.

Diversity officers on 40k per annum

Play Experts on over 20k per annum.

Jobs like those

Where are those jobs? I've never known such twaddle. My employer has a diversity policy, perhaps one of the biggest in the UK, but they do not employ specific staff to undertake such roles; the roles are filled as additional to their regular job description. You've been reading the Daily Fail again haven't you?

Yes I remember how British Steel closed its inefficient plants that couldn't compete in the world markets. It took the millstone from around the world-class plants that could produce steel at a competitive price.

I had the privilege of touring Corus's plant near Conisborough a few years ago alongside the Master Cutler. It is a world-class facility that turns out thousands of tons of high quality steel each day but with barely a handful of employees. I compare that with what I saw 20 years or so before when I visited Firth Brown's. All you saw then were hundreds of folks aimlessly passing the time of day waiting for their particular piece of the production process to crop up. The Victorian plants have gone along with the inefficient poor quality output and let the plants producing competitive steel thrive.

Where exactly is this mythical plant? I've never heard of one near Conisbrough before.

Archived