Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Because our hardine left wing friends don't like to let facts and common sense get in the way of their class envy and hatred.

It's a funny ol'world on SF. Rarely do we see a well thought out counter argument to something like the subject of this thread. Are the left wind nut jobs here so stupid they cant see their only argument is one of envy and handed down hatred? I suppose the correct word to describe many of the SF left wing is "small minded".

I am not hard line but I am proud to be working class and I neither envy nor hate upper classes unless as that evil old bat did they desire to crush the working class who made this country what it is, well what it was before she defiled it:roll::roll:

Can you give examples of how Thatcher tried to crush the working class please.

Can you give examples of how Thatcher tried to crush the working class please.

Do you remember the miners strike? People killed themselves because they saw no light at end of tunnel and small businesses went to the wall because they relied on the miners for their income, so much for looking after them after they helped vote her in with promises of helping those who helped themselves.

Do you remember the miners strike? People killed themselves because they saw no light at end of tunnel and small businesses went to the wall because they relied on the miners for their income, so much for looking after them after they helped vote her in with promises of helping those who helped themselves.

coal was too expensive to mine, due in part to the unions becoming too strong and greedy. this is why our coal is imported these days. Look at the difference between Yorkshire mines and those in Nottinghamshire. Yorkshire chose to follow Scargill, the Marxist and held the country to ransom. Thatcher, the democratically elected PM, smashed his organisation and had the support of the country to do so. Shown by Thatchers rise in support (popular vote) after the strikes in the 1987 general election.

The losers are never happy, they will always have a chip on their shoulder.

coal was too expensive to mine, due in part to the unions becoming too strong and greedy. this is why our coal is imported these days. Look at the difference between Yorkshire mines and those in Nottinghamshire. Yorkshire chose to follow Scargill, the Marxist and held the country to ransom. Thatcher, the democratically elected PM, smashed his organisation and had the support of the country to do so. Shown by Thatchers rise in support (popular vote) after the strikes in the 1987 general election.

The losers are never happy, they will always have a chip on their shoulder.

Were there any coalmines in Bedfordshire?

The tories turned their backs on Thatcher soon after they had used her to do their dirty work. They showed no loyalty towards her.

I think you will find back then, decisions where made at cabinet level not just by the PM. It was Blair who started all that.

Archived