What's the largest value prize you have ever won?

I was in the local Tesco yesterday and I decided to purchase myself a scratch card. I often buy one when at the cigarette counter.

To my joy I won £20. Not a hell of a lot really and over the years I imagine I'm down. I once won a bear in a raffle too which was quite expensive. I gave it to the girlfriend at the time.

What have you won? Nothing soft like our lasses heart though. I'm purely interested in material prizes.

£98 on the National Lottery....but well down overall.

Most valuable (to me) was a Bazil Brush hand puppet.

Won it in a pub raffle when the missis was expecting our first child.

Both children loved it and it still has pride of place in the guest room 35 years later.

I was in the local Tesco yesterday and I decided to purchase myself a scratch card. I often buy one when at the cigarette counter.

To my joy I won £20. Not a hell of a lot really and over the years I imagine I'm down. I once won a bear in a raffle too which was quite expensive. I gave it to the girlfriend at the time.

What have you won? Nothing soft like our lasses heart though. I'm purely interested in material prizes.

Just think, you'd be able to set up a business empire employing half a million people with that and set off on your trek of world domination.

The first time I did the lottery I won about £80 just by picking a simple sequence and getting 4 numbers right but I was part of a work syndicate and so didn't actually see the money. A mate asked me how I'd managed to pick the numbers. I thought "idiot". A year or two later I won £1,000 on a weekly draw I was part of and pulled out while ahead. I don't mind gambling if the money I lose goes to a good cause but when I see people in bookies or ramming money into slot machines I always feel sorry for them.

Archived