Pleading not guilty by post

I got stopped by the police in skegness last august as they said there was no insurance on the car. To cut a long story short the insurance company had cancelled it by mistake. I got a letter from them stating that infact i was covered on the day in question. I recieved a summons today but on it there`s no option for pleading not guilty by post and sending in proof. Does this mean that i have to go to court in order to show them the letter? The court is in skegness.

I got stopped by the police in skegness last august as they said there was no insurance on the car. To cut a long story short the insurance company had cancelled it by mistake. I got a letter from them stating that infact i was covered on the day in question. I recieved a summons today but on it there`s no option for pleading not guilty by post and sending in proof. Does this mean that i have to go to court in order to show them the letter? The court is in skegness.

Going to Skegness once is dreadful enough, but having to go twice?:gag::gag::gag:

Having spoken to the police this morning they have told me to tick the not guilty box and attach copies of the letters from the isurance company admitting there mistake and that i was insured on the day in question. I shouldn`t have to go to skeggy again as i`m not guilty.

Why did they stop you in the first place spudgun ? or is there something on the outside of the cars there that have like an insurance sticker ? or they had another reason for the stop .

Why did they stop you in the first place spudgun ? or is there something on the outside of the cars there that have like an insurance sticker ? or they had another reason for the stop .

They scan the reg number and it comes up on the computer wether you have insurance or not

Archived