Depression, Anxiety and Driving?

Thanks xfox3x, I have read the document but it is a bit confusing. Leaflet with medication says may affect a person for first few weeks so don't drive until any side effect of medication subsides.

I was trying to check how others who drive handle the matter, I have parked my car up for a month but now feel OK to drive with the medication.

Thanks xfox3x, I have read the document but it is a bit confusing. Leaflet with medication says may affect a person for first few weeks so don't drive until any side effect of medication subsides.

I was trying to check how others who drive handle the matter, I have parked my car up for a month but now feel OK to drive with the medication.

This is the important part...

If you are unsure whether anxiety affects your driving - you will need to check with your doctor or consultant who will be able to advise you.

Anyone with Depression and Anxiety that drives a car, did you notify DVLA as I understand in some cases they are supposed to be notified, I wondered how others go about it.

If you do decide to drive can you post your rout and travel time on here so we can avoid you.

Do I have to notify the DVLA of my psychiatric disorder?

If you are diagnosed with any of the conditions below and you intend to drive you must tell the Drivers and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). If you do not do this, you will not be able to drive legally and your insurance may not be valid.

• severe anxiety or depression with significant memory and concentration problems

Anyone with Depression and Anxiety that drives a car, did you notify DVLA as I understand in some cases they are supposed to be notified, I wondered how others go about it.

Ive just been prescribed some heavy duty meds for depression and the doc just said dont drive if i feel drowsy. I take them at night so they (sometimes) help me sleep but they never make me tired in the day, just in case i need to drive somewhere.

:)

If you feel ok, chancesare you will be. Parking up your car is a snesible thing to do but if your concerned just give your gp a visit and see what they say.

Thanks MrMoran. Doc tried me on SSRI's but all upset my dibiltating IBS so put me on Dosulepin 75mg at night, Doc does not say much so don't know if he is treating me for Depression or Anxiety as I had Panic Attacks after my wife left. Having Osteoarthritis I can't walk far so my car is only way to get to shops or Docs as in a rural area, otherwise I am house bound with no help. My only contact with anyone is by phone or email.

Archived