Can you explain why this happened?

No, the break happened in front of us, we heard it happen, ...

Even more reason that the flaw in the glass finally failing would make you think 'ooh, spooky!' and feel a bit scared. If it went with a crack, the surprise alone would be enough to elicit the response.

...and the shiver wasnt down the spine, it was around my legs, and my son said down his back ...

The spine is the back. 'Shiver down your spine' is just an expression, though; any part of your anatomy might be afflicted: goosebumps on your arms, prickling scalp, weak knees and such like.

:o. Im not saying it was anything supernatural, thats why i asked for some reasonable explanations :D

Damn. That blessing could have made me my friend a few quid there.

Even more reason that the flaw in the glass finally failing would make you think 'ooh, spooky!' and feel a bit scared. If it went with a crack, the surprise alone would be enough to elicit the response.

The spine is the back. 'Shiver down your spine' is just an expression, though; any part of your anatomy might be afflicted: goosebumps on your arms, prickling scalp, weak knees and such like.

Damn. That blessing could have made me my friend a few quid there.

Nice try, but im not that gullible :D, yes, it was a bit spooky at the time, but as with most things there is an explanation, so this is why i asked, because i didnt know what it could be :)

In a seance the number of glass objects must equal the number of light sources.As you had only two glass objects one divided into two for harmony.The cold you experienced would have been the spirit summoned by the similar number of candles and glasses.I hope that you have taken some steps to cleanse your property.

The spirit dwelling in the neighbourhood will have assumed you were assembled for a seance and came to assist you.

your having a laugh i hope.:hihi:

Who, me? No, im being serious :|. And can i just also say, we didnt have the heating on at the time, it hadnt been on for a good 4 hrs maybe, so why would the temperature suddenly drop? Plus, the glass cracked after the coldness not before. And only lasted for maybe 30 seconds.

Who, me? No, im being serious :|. And can i just also say, we didnt have the heating on at the time, it hadnt been on for a good 4 hrs maybe, so why would the temperature suddenly drop? Plus, the glass cracked after the coldness not before. And only lasted for maybe 30 seconds.

You were sitting around talking for a while during the evening, when the temperature would be falling anyway, plus your heating had been off for a little while. It's likely that the temperature had reached that point when you start to notice that it's getting a bit chilly; not surprising, particularly given that someone in the room had also noticed a draft.

The flaw in the glass finally gave, making you jump and causing you to move about. The consequent air movement over your skin made you notice the chilliness even more, especially when coupled with the temporary effects of the adrenaline rush prompted by the shock of a breaking glass.

Archived