Do women like chivalrous men?

Why not just try and be considerate and civil when dealing with everyone. Male or female?

Old fashioned OTT manners get on my nerves. I know an old guy who is quite a misogynist, but he does all that opening doors and pulling out chairs for the 'ladies' crap. It all seems a bit patronising and turns everything into such a rigmarole.

He caused quite a bad accident on an escalator one time because of the confusion he caused by suddenly stopping to let a women go first, instead of just walking on.

Why not just try and be considerate and civil when dealing with everyone. Male or female?

Precisely, I appreciate common courtesy from anyone (such as holding open doors).

I've never had or would expect my chair pulled out for me though; that seems rather antiquated.

Precisely, I appreciate common courtesy from anyone (such as holding open doors).

I've never had or would expect my chair pulled out for me though; that seems rather antiquated.

I agree, its more fun to move it again just as your bum is gonna make contact :hihi:

Seconded. Why would I expect a man to give up his seat to me, unless I were heavily pregnant or had a disability, in which case I would also expect the courtesy from a non-pregnant, able bodied woman?

I'll often give up my seat for the elderly/pregnant and hold doors open for all, people often hold doors open for me, it's just a general kind thing to do, and it's nice to see it being done.

Sometimes I'll just give up my seat when plenty are free and stand for the added leg room, but then you find yourself banging your head on the luggage rack (train) or roof (bus). Blessed are the disabled seats for they provide leg room!

I often hold doors open for people. It's nice when other people do the same. I appreciate consideration and manners from men and women; some people have none, I've held doors open for people before and had them walk straight past without a thank you, this usually tends to be other women for some reason.

I wouldn't really want a man to pull out my chair for me, or come round and open my car door; it wouldn't offend me, I just find it unnecessary.

Archived