Do women like chivalrous men?

Precisely, I appreciate common courtesy from anyone (such as holding open doors).

I've never had or would expect my chair pulled out for me though; that seems rather antiquated.

Nothing wrong with holding open doors for people if you are coming from the other side. But when I see blokes opening the door then standing aside to let the woman behind walk through, I have to wonder what the point is.

Nothing wrong with holding open doors for people if you are coming from the other side. But when I see blokes opening the door then standing aside to let the woman behind walk through, I have to wonder what the point is.

To look at her booty as she passes?

I always light the ladies farts for her!

:clap: :clap:

I dont mind as long as it doesn't put the person out - like someone else said it can turn into a bit of a rigmarole. Like if it was cold and i'd not brought a coat I wouldn't expect a mans coat and for the man to be cold - I should have brought my own coat, and I'm not going to die of being chilly (any more than a man is). I wouldn't be offended though. And I dont like that men standing on the outside of the pavement thing - I dont need to be protected from traffic!

Its completely meaningless if the person being chivalrous is an impolite person generally and just does it to look good. People should be courteous generally to all others.

I hate it when someone opens door, be it man or woman, sees you behind them and let's it go in your face. :roll::roll:

I only do that when I hold the door open for someone and they slow down once they've noticed I'm waiting for them. If I'm considerate enough to wait holding the door for someone, I expect them to be considerate enough to get through it with a reasonable amount of haste. Not saying you do it, it's just a bugbear of mine. :)

Archived