Do women like chivalrous men?

I like it when a gentleman opens the door and let's me through first not because I expect it but because it makes me feel like a lady. I can be " one of the lads " but it is always nice to be recognised as a lady . If a gentleman opens the door , pulls out a chair , or even offers to carry something for me it shows they have consideration for others . It's nice to feel special but I would never be offended if it didn't happen either

I like it when a gentleman opens the door and let's me through first not because I expect it but because it makes me feel like a lady. I can be " one of the lads " but it is always nice to be recognised as a lady . If a gentleman opens the door , pulls out a chair , or even offers to carry something for me it shows they have consideration for others . It's nice to feel special but I would never be offended if it didn't happen either

Some of these "modern" women on here think women like you are a disgrace :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is nice when people do things for other people regardless of age, sex or creed. It doesn't cost anything to be polite, or smile at someone and often that can make someones day.

I will stand up on a bus if someone older than me is standing be it man or woman, the same goes for holding open a door.

I will always say thank you and smile if someone offers me the same courtesy, in fact on more than one occasion I have said thank you to an automatic door.

All these things are basic good manners and it was the way I was taught to behave and the way I taught my son and daughter to behave too.

Archived