Put away your childish things

You know that bit in the bible,

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

...well this weekend I realised why putting away my childish things and not going back might be a good idea.

When i was in my yoof my favourite film was 'lost boys' - vampire film with keither sutherland and corey haim. I saw that it was on bt vision this weekend so I persuaded my wife to watch it all with me. Guess what? It was a bit rubbish. This made me really sad and i wish now that i'd not sullied the childhood memories :(

I don't dare watch teen wolf, cocktail, house party or superman now just in case.

You ever taken a trip down memory lane and wished you hadn't?

You know that bit in the bible,

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

...well this weekend I realised why putting away my childish things and not going back might be a good idea.

When i was in my yoof my favourite film was 'lost boys' - vampire film with keither sutherland and corey haim. I saw that it was on bt vision this weekend so I persuaded my wife to watch it all with me. Guess what? It was a bit rubbish. This made me really sad and i wish now that i'd not sullied the childhood memories :(

I don't dare watch teen wolf, cocktail, house party or superman now just in case.

You ever taken a trip down memory lane and wished you hadn't?

As a little kid, I loved Rentaghost... Saw it on sky when I was about 16 and it was awful!!!! Have to say that lost boys was always terrible though! As were the other films you mention..

... You ever taken a trip down memory lane and wished you hadn't?

Quite often a CD from yesteryear from Fopp or CD Wow has prove disappointing to the point of embarrassment.

Even the stuff that was still good didn't get played for more than a few days, then gathered dust ... and more dust ....

Archived