B&Q security checks

I visited B&Q at Doncaster on Friday, the one just off the M18 at J3. On exiting the store I was asked to pick a ball out of a box which determined whether I was to be searched? Green is free to go and red is a body search .... what on earth is that all about! Has anyone else been asked to participate.

I visited B&Q at Doncaster on Friday, the one just off the M18 at J3. On exiting the store I was asked to pick a ball out of a box which determined whether I was to be searched? Green is free to go and red is a body search .... what on earth is that all about! Has anyone else been asked to participate.

is this for real, you have to consent to a body search so i would hate to think how many laws they could potentially be breaking here!!

What ball did you pick?

I refused to pick one, I explained to the lady who was administering this process that the only person allowed to do a search on my person was a police officer or a member of the UK Border Agency with a reasonable excuse to do so. If they wanted to search me, call the police and ask them to search me if they had reasonable suspicion to do so.

The lady followed me out into the car park, but ignoring her seemed to do the trick and I drove away!

Archived