Partition England Scotland

Of course. Totally agree they're not doing a great job.

And didn't do much of a great job during 13 years of Labour party rule apparently.

As a voting bloc northern MPs (mostly Labour I imagine) could have been powerful enough put a lot of pressure on Blair and his government to invest a lot more in that region and encourage businesses and jobs from overseeas.

After all if Blair needed their votes to pass one of his bills there was always the option to say "okay maybe but......."

I think the majority are bright enough to know that independence from the rest of the UK is not a viable option despite all the nationalist rhetoric and leaving the European Union the most foolish move possible.

It may be viable or not, depending on who to believe. The outgoing Scots Tory leader Annabelle Goldie recently commented that it was financially viable. Yes, a Tory said it :o

And didn't do much of a great job during 13 years of Labour party rule apparently.

As a voting bloc northern MPs (mostly Labour I imagine) could have been powerful enough put a lot of pressure on Blair and his government to invest a lot more in that region and encourage businesses and jobs from overseeas.

After all if Blair needed their votes to pass one of his bills there was always the option to say "okay maybe but......."

Yes I totally agree. The three Labour governments were an opportunity to reverse some of the damage. They failed but then again for much of those 13 years they were trying too hard to be Tory-lite. And for the remaining few years they didn't know what the heck they were. The regions have been badly served by all parties for the last 30 years.

It may be viable or not, depending on who to believe. The outgoing Scots Tory leader Annabelle Goldie recently commented that it was financially viable. Yes, a Tory said it :o

I trust she was able to provide staistics and data to prove that or was she just running off at the mouth as so many politicians love to do?

I trust she was able to provide staistics and data to prove that or was she just running off at the mouth as so many politicians love to do?

Look it up for yourself and decide.

The SNP understandably got very excited about what she said.

Yes I totally agree. The three Labour governments were an opportunity to reverse some of the damage. They failed but then again for much of those 13 years they were trying too hard to be Tory-lite. And for the remaining few years they didn't know what the heck they were. The regions have been badly served by all parties for the last 30 years.

Fairly typical. A candidate runs for election, promises all kinds of things to the people in the region he/she wishes to represent. Gets elected, goes to Westmimster and starts to enjoy all the perks and the good life and after a few years forgets what he/she was elected to do and adopts a laissez faire attitude

It's the same in the US. Do nothing government with only one thing on their agenda. Get reelected for another term and play partisan politics.

Fairly typical. A candidate runs for election, promises all kinds of things to the people in the region he/she wishes to represent. Gets elected, goes to Westmimster and starts to enjoy all the perks and the good life and after a few years forgets what he/she was elected to do and adopts a laissez faire attitude

It's the same in the US. Do nothing government with only one thing on their agenda. Get reelected for another term and play partisan politics.

You're spot on. No matter what ideals you have you will be whipped into the party line. It's how you take 2-300 left wing idealists and turn them into yes men/women for the corporate world, salivating at the though of a tasty slice of the corporate pie when they leave the commons (sometimes having a few nibbles before they even leave). Blair leading by example of course.

Archived