Seat belt law and fines

The law states that I MUST wear a seatbelt.

However as a free man - it is my CHOICE to decide this.

The seat belt is for MY safety. If I choose not to wear it - I am only placing my own life in danger - a choice I might make.

It is part of my human rights to make this choice.

How can the government fine me for exercising my freedom to choose.

If I wear a belt and am involved in an accident and cannot get out of the car because of the belt and get injured (say the car is on fire for example) - will the govt pay me compensation because they FORCED me to wear the belt - against my choice.

Of course I may sustain injuries by not wearing a belt - but I will take responsibility for that since it's my choice.

Its when the govt make that choice for me - that is the issue.

The govt fine us for not wearing a belt. Is it because they care or because its nice easy money from motorists?

Why don't they fine you for smoking cigarettes when it will kill you?

It's all about making money from motorists.

The seat belt is for MY safety. If I choose not to wear it - I am only placing my own life in danger - a choice I might make.

If I wear a belt and am involved in an accident and cannot get out of the car because of the belt and get injured (say the car is on fire for example) - will the govt pay me compensation because they FORCED me to wear the belt - against my choice.

Of course I may sustain injuries by not wearing a belt - but I will take responsibility for that since it's my choice.

Its when the govt make that choice for me - that is the issue.

The govt fine us for not wearing a belt. Is it because they care or because its nice easy money from motorists?

Are you for real?

Which article of the Human Rights Act says that then?

Stop there. It's not just for your safety. An unrestraining human being moving at speed can kill others. This can and does happen.

Pay up and move on.

I think you'll find it's about reducing the massive death toll on the roads actually.

The seat belt is for MY safety.

Ah, sadly not.

I am hoping you have a driving licence? That's where the state granted you the privilege of operating a motor vehicle on roads they maintain provided you agree to abide by the laws, rules and regulations they see fit to impose. You see your signature on the licence? That's where you agreed to abide by them.

You can do what the hell you like on private roads.

Archived