Strippers in the street. Renishaw Sunday Morning

Sunday morning 1 am and I'm driving back into Sheffield from the M1 at Barlborough. On the main road through Renishaw I came upon 3 girls one of whom appeared to be doing a striptease under the street lights. It was a pretty cold night and there was light drizzle. The girl was wearing nothing more that a back bra and pants. I just wondered what was going on.

I slowed down. The girls laughed and I drove on.

I've had several thoughts since about what it was about, including a Bill Clinton moment. Has anyone else come upon such a thing?

do you think they will be doing it next sunday morning? as i might have a drive out

Well I wouldn't be surprised. I think my best theory is that they were 3 strippers waiting for their taxi to the next gig and using main street Renishaw as the changing room.

The village of Renishaw was the home of the Mitfords,one being a lover of Oswald Mosley,the other a devout communist.There has been a tradition of Bohemian conduct with a history of dogging missions to Clumber and other parts of the Nottinghamshire Dukeries.This was a practice run witha hidden camera man.You were wise not to stop.

The village of Renishaw was the home of the Mitfords,one being a lover of Oswald Mosley,the other a devout communist.There has been a tradition of Bohemian conduct with a history of dogging missions to Clumber and other parts of the Nottinghamshire Dukeries.This was a practice run witha hidden camera man.You were wise not to stop.

Do you have any further information on this and where they lived?.

I have read a lot about the Mitford sisters and the only mention of Renishaw I have seen was when Deborah had lunch at Renishaw Hall which has been occupied by the Sitwell family since it was built.

Archived