Passenger front door window smashed on car, is it worth claiming?

Hi all,

I had my car window smashed last night by some nutter (sadly, who I actually know...) but was wondering, although my policy covers NCD on windscreen cover, is it really worth bothering with claiming on the insurance for this - and will they bump it up next year?

Not had to claim for windscreen cover before, but we did claim with the same company (Endsleigh) for our home insurance when we accidentally broke our 42" television and received a replacement one. They then bumped up the insurance by over £750 the following year!

If anyone has any information about this, I'd be grateful. Still in two minds as to what to do, will probably end up going down to Heeley Bridge car spares later on and getting a replacement window. That is if they have any in stock!

Thanks.

It's not worth claiming. You will no doubt have to pay an excess and your premium will go up next year. Most insurance companies only cover windscreen damage without it effecting your no claims discount. Side and rear glass claims will more than likely effect it.

It's not worth claiming.

It is if you're with a decent insurer.

You will no doubt have to pay an excess and your premium will go up next year.

Mine didn't when I claimed for a broken passenger window.

who were they? i don't think i even checked if mine would of charged thinking about it, i just expected them to.

Can't remember exactly, but it was one of either: Norton, Swinton or Co-Op (all fully comp).

Can't remember exactly, but it was one of either: Norton, Swinton or Co-Op (all fully comp).

i will try to remember them then. of course if the op's insurance wont charge the excess and lose any no claims bonus then worth going through insurance. i think i didn't more for the fact of losing my no claims

i will try to remember them then. of course if the op's insurance wont charge the excess and lose any no claims bonus then worth going through insurance. i think i didn't more for the fact of losing my no claims

Norton are no longer offering insurance:).

Archived