Does Labour need Tony Blair back as soon as possible?

The argument isn't about if Mr Blair can turn the country round and have real policys for the electorate to choose from.

We are talking about his ability to talk a good job.

We are talking about a generation of people who choose style over substance, and that is why Labour badly need Tony Blair, so he can hoodwink the voters

Do you reckon they'd fall for it again?

This country is in desperate need of a leader.

Cameron is useless, Milliband is useless, Clegg is useless.

We need either Blair or Balls.

They are the only people who give me any confidence, god help us.

Where are the powerful men when we need them desperatly.

Wilson, MacMillan come back from the grave. We need you.

If these type of poilitians were around today (ie, they believed in what they said and suggested the unthinkable) we would never hear of them.

They would be sacked or sidelined by their politically correct masters, or only given a chance to shine, provided they said what the party told them to say, and persued the policys that were in vogue at this time (thank god that doesn't include persecution of any certain races)

Do you reckon they'd fall for it again?

They would fall for it tomorrow,

Put Blair in charge of labour, allow him to rip Cameron apart for 6 months or so, and watch Labour win the next election by a landslide, and stay in power for the following 10 years

Tony Blair is like most of the major players in Politics IMO, he probably has a Degree in "talking the talk", but when it comes to workable policies etc, he couldn't "walk the walk" IMO! :loopy:

Tony Blair is like most of the major players in Politics IMO, he probably has a Degree in "talking the talk", but when it comes to workable policies etc, he couldn't "walk the walk" IMO! :loopy:

And that is exactly the very reason why he will win the next election by a landslide, if he ever came back.

With Labours current band of polititians, I can see David Cameron winning the next election, and thats if mass immigration continues to spiral, if law and order is not sorted out, if benefit reform does not happen and if he cowtows to the EU.

The current crop of labour, cannot offer anything different. Tony Blair couldn't, but he certainly would be able to convince a huge number of Brits that he could.

If he claimed the current economic mess was the fault of the conseratives, he will simply walk into number 10 after the next election

If he claimed the current economic mess was the fault of the conseratives, he will simply walk into number 10 after the next election

Well to be honest if any of the current crop of Labour MP's couldn't do that at the moment then they're worse than it appears..

And that is exactly the very reason why he will win the next election by a landslide, if he ever came back.

With Labours current band of polititians, I can see David Cameron winning the next election, and thats if mass immigration continues to spiral, if law and order is not sorted out, if benefit reform does not happen and if he cowtows to the EU.

The current crop of labour, cannot offer anything different. Tony Blair couldn't, but he certainly would be able to convince a huge number of Brits that he could.

Benefit reform? Won't happen, and if it does it's just a vote winning exercise to shut the Daily Mail readers up.

And before you or anyone else starts, if I could get work that paid well enough for me to come off benefits, I would willingly do so.

TB didn't connect with the core voters, he connected with the swing voters who are the people who decide who we have as a government.
Making him leader for that very reason was the brightest thing Labour have done since the party was formed - it worked a treat. Eventually though, the swing voters realised that under that veneer of moderate middle-ground advertising was the same old Labour it had always been - tax, spend, bloat the public sector and leave it to the Tories to pick up the pieces.

Blair did have many good qualities and his leadership held a dysfunctional party together for a long time, but he was quite a con man.

Benefit reform? Won't happen, and if it does it's just a vote winning exercise to shut the Daily Mail readers up.

And before you or anyone else starts, if I could get work that paid well enough for me to come off benefits, I would willingly do so.

Which is EXACTLY why we need benefit reform - so people don't choose a life of Riley on benefits instead of working.

Archived