Does Labour need Tony Blair back as soon as possible?

I think a policy winner for Labour would be to cap all public sector pensions at £15K across the board.

There would be the state pension on top of this.

Those on large salaries will have had plenty of opportunity to put money away for their retirement.

No more massive payoffs either.

I think a policy winner for Labour would be to cap all pensions at £15 across the board.

There would be the state pension on top of this.

Those on large salaries will have had plenty of opportunity to put money away for their retirement.

No more massive payoffs either.

What about those on not so large salaries that have sacrificed things to pay for a pension..go away and think again.. :) And I'm sure your plan would go down well with the public sector workers...tell me again why they are striking on the

30th November..

What about those on not so large salaries that have sacrificed things to pay for a pension..go away and think again.. :) And I'm sure your plan would go down well with the public sector workers...tell me again why they are striking on the

30th November..

I have the greatest sympathy for those on low pensions which I believe most of the public sector workers are on.

Sorry if I misled you but I meant the large public sector pensions.

Little ed is a waste of space and will be lucky to see the next election if labour don't wipe the floor with the Tories when it's council election time. And yeah Blair would walk it. He walked it after the Iraq war and I think, like it or not, that he'd walk it now.

With regards to no old school politicians we do have dear old ken clarke.

I have the greatest sympathy for those on low pensions which I believe most of the public sector workers are on.

Sorry if I misled you but I meant the large public sector pensions.

It was this bit that misled

I think a policy winner for Labour would be to cap all pensions at £15 across the board.

Which is EXACTLY why we need benefit reform - so people don't choose a life of Riley on benefits instead of working.

Mate, don't even start! I do NOT live the "life of Riley" on benefits, I'm only on them because I am disabled, and thus cannot get a job other than volunteer work.

Mate, don't even start! I do NOT live the "life of Riley" on benefits, I'm only on them because I am disabled, and thus cannot get a job other than volunteer work.
Nothing was aimed at you, so you needn't be defensive, but the expression you used "if I could get work that paid well enough for me to come off benefits" was a stark reminder that, for many low-skilled people, benefits pay more than working could. Minimum wage is fine, but maximum benefits are excessive.

Archived