Maugerhay Photographs.

kath2ivan

My friends lived in the house on Maugerhay off Norton Lane, Paul and Joan Wilder the parents of Chris Wilder who played for Sheffield United and is now manager of Oxford United.

They also gave lodgings to a few Sheffield United footballers in their time there.

I am pretty sure they sold it to one of the Mitchel family of the Mitchel wine shop Meadowhead.

Maybe they can help you.

Hello mikep57

Thank you for that information. I have looked in my copy of Norton and on page 50 there is a row of cottages in the left background of the main picture. It is that particular photo which I and a neighbour are searching for. My parents and I lived at 3 Maugerhay from 1948 until 1969.

Thank you alex3659. For that information.I will go and visit Mitchells wine shop and ask.

Respects to you both.

Kathleen Athorn.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Hillsbro.

Well we bid for both Maugerhey Photos but were unsuccessful. Both times our bids were overtaken within seconds of closing.Never mind, thank you for your help. When our neighbour found out the price of them.£4.19 each. His reply was,"I would want the full set for that price!" He and his wife also lived at Maugerhey.

Archived